“Decent Chinese Food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Hampton, Virginia
“Decent Chinese Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I had the dinner for 2. We started with soup. My wife chose the egg drop which was fairly good and I had the hot & sour which was mediocre. We both chose egg rolls and they were doughy tasting and flavorless for the most part. The cashew chicken was good and the seafood in lobster sauce was okay. The fried rice that accompanied the meal was disappointing. The service, was a little slow and the server confused our drink orders. To us, this was a typical Chinese restaurant experience. Instead of leaving hungry, you leave a little disappointed.

Visited July 2013

Leesburg, Virginia
“Only convenient.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a dated chinese restaurant nothing notable except possibly the fact that everything tastes the same. My husband and I have been here many time and gotten take out but it never gets any better. I think we have finally quit trying to find something to like there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“I was Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

China King was recommended by a local merchant as a good place to eat. Tripadvisor reviews generally supported this recommendation. We weren't disappointed. This is a little hole in the wall with about a dozen tables and booths. We came in about 6PM and by 6:30 there wasn't a seat available. The decor looks dated with lots of black and white photos of Chinese scenes. But, I have only good things to say about the food. My wife ordered a Spring Roll ( 4 on a scale of 5) but it came out almost immediately. The fried dumplings were excellent. My wife's dinner was made to order to accommodate her taste. My selection, Triple Delight, was as good as any I have had. The bill, $36 including tax seemed exceptionally reasonable for what we had. The servers were polite, helpful and very knowledgable of the dinners.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
virginia
“Best of leesburg, by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Although a bit pricey, food is top notch, best meat in a Chinese restaurant by miles. Altering your dish is never a problem, example...Kung pao beef, one of their best dishes, I order with no green onion, white onion instead, extra peanuts. Much better, green onions make it bitter, but the beef a baby could eat. Shrimp always good as well as chicken. Chicken chow mein is really good, cons is their combo fried rice, dark, too heavy, needs to be more like whitish in color, phone contact/delivery is the best, very nice women manning the phones, memory ladies, remember past orders down to every details, easy to understand. Delivery is very fast, guy who delivers is one of the best. $14.95 for Kung pao beef, but worth every penny, best I had.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Local Food, Great Taste!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Anytime we're in Leesburg we consider China King's as our place to stop. Go for the taste of the food and the attentiveness of the staff. You will not be disappointed with either. Prices are good and the amount of food is enough to fill you up, or more. They can steam you food as well. A great restaurant choice even when you don't have a lot of time.

• Visited February 2013