“Sunday Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 164 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Centreville, Virginia
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was our first visit to Tuscarora Mill, and we really enjoyed it. The Mill is very old, the ambiance, service and food was very good. The only problem I had with it is the way the management lays out the brunch. It is very unorganized and you do not know whether your coming or going, or where to start. So, my suggestion to Tuscarora is plan a better position for your Brunch...Otherwise, was wonderful and we will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Round Hill
“Not Up To Its Billing This Weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife likes Tuscarora Mill and so we dine there more often than most other neighborhood restaurants. But It must have been an off night for the chef. First and as I have observed previously the wait staff is not trained to the standard of a fine restaurant. Over the last ten years I have to say that the service has always lagged the food.
I ordered a specialty cocktail, called their Strawberry Caipirinha. I realize that it is supposed to be sweet, but this one was nearly undrinkable. I would not order it again.
Tuskies, as locals calls it has gone to a menu of small plates, medium plates, and large plates. There is as well a salad section. This makes for a lot of choices which is good. Given the quality of our selections perhaps some focus is overdue.
The chicken and crab (?) egg rolls were not tasty. In fact whatever protein was in that roll was at war with the crab. Not even the thick dipping sauce could save this dish. My salad (the special) was grossly overdressed and yet was the standout of the meal.
I had mussels steamed in beer for my main course. The mussels themselves were large plump and favorful; but this dish was ruined by the addition of some sort of stinky soft cheese in the broth. I highly recommend you pick another item unless you just love mussels and stinky cheese.
My wife had scallops and beef cheeks. This take on surf and turf, I guess, was large and very expensive ($32). She must have liked it because she ate it all and she is a light eater. I tasted it and thought it was just OK.
We cut our losses and skipped dessert.
Bon chance.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Well done Trip Advisor members!

My wife and I were finishing up some Holiday shopping at the nearby outlets. We were hungry and in no hurry to get into traffic so I fired up the Trip Advisor app and landed at Tuscarora.

Appetizers were great. Hushpuppies and Spring Rolls. Sauces were excellent.

We both orded the Filet Mignon. Perfectly prepared and presented.

Great service. Great location in Historic Leesburg. Super setting in of course an old Mill.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Fantastic find...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Great food and great service. Had a sandwich with a few meats and au jus and was great... The tall young man with goatee was very attentive.

Visited December 2013
Palatine, Illinois
“A favorite in Leesburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a very nice place in an old mill in Leesburg. Overall, the ambiance was very pleasant, our service was great, and the food was delicious. My wife even liked her fish, and she is not a big fish eater. My Duck Breast was delicious and the Corn Chowder was outstanding. My only negative was our table in a small room off the main dining area. The noise level was higher and other customers’ conversations were distracting. The next time I would request the main dining room. Overall, a very good to excellent place that I hope to dine at again.

• Visited November 2013