“If in Leesburg--Go here!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 169 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Washington, DC
“If in Leesburg--Go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Head here if you want a very good meal with a nice atmosphere in Leesburg. Stay away form Lightfoot, not what it used to be. T. Mill is excellent. The restaurant is old style with linen table cloths, even at lunchtime, and the waiters are dressed very nicely in a black uniform with vests. Start with the Mango Mojito, perfect. I had a beef tip fondue, filling enough to be a meal at lunch with a salad. The Caesar is perfect, not at all heavy and a nice vinegar taste; hard to make a good Caesar, but this is a great one. The homemade pastrami tasted light, yes light. Not a heavy meat like you find in most all other places. Again, perfect. Try the decadent cheese cake beignet with fruit sauce yummy. A perfect lunch.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

82% Recommend
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
“Torn.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am divided on how to review this restaurant. It was a favorite from when my husband and I lived in Leesburg in the early 90's. I was so happy when my sister and her family ended up moving to Leesburg a few years ago,and looked forward to visiting some of our old favorites. This past weekend was their 15th anniversary, as well as Memorial Day, so we came for a visit. We decided to go to Tuscarora Mill for dinner, sans kids. We asked for a corner table in the main dining room. There were none available when we arrived, but there was one around the corner in an alcove area they have. It was the last table in the alcove, which may have been some of the problem. You can't be seen from the main area, as there is a wall separating this area. Our server took longer than usual to get to the table and greet us. She seemed very competent and friendly, and took our drink order. The guys ordered a half-dozen oysters, a beer and a glass of red wine. My husband asked where the oysters were from, because they can vary in size depending on the location. She said they had east coast and west coast, with the east being much larger. They ordered the east coast oysters My sister and I ordered a wedge salad to split and a bottle of sparkling wine. We waited quite a while, then someone brought us some water and bread. (Which was good, but not as good as the sourdough they used to serve years ago) A male runner brought us the oysters and salad, which had been split onto two plates. (a gesture I appreciate when two people are splitting an item!) The oysters were puny. We asked him if they were the east coast oysters, and were told they were the west coast. We told him we had ordered the east coast, so he snatched the plate up and took them back. The salad was delicious. It was romaine with diced tomato, bacon and gorgonzola dressing. Yum! At this point I went to visit the rest room. Getting through the main dining room from where we were sitting was tricky. The tables were close together, and some people were scooted out too far. The rest rooms were okay. When I got back, my husband and brother-in-law had their drinks. My sister told me the waitress brought the wrong wine, so we waited some more. The oysters and wine finally arrived, but the waitress said they didn't have any crackers for the oysters. She offered to get some toast points. My husband said they were an acceptable alternative, but I found it odd a restaurant wouldn't have saltines for oysters. When the wine was brought she forgot a wine chiller, so we had to ask for one when she returned. Our entrees finally arrived, and they were all excellent. I had the penne pasta with chicken. It was just as delicious as I remember from past visits. The others had trout, shrimp and grits, and the pork chop. All three of them said their orders were delicious. We decided against dessert. All in all, it was a delicious meal. Besides the minor issues with the service, the table we were sitting at was uneven. We kept having to shove it against the wall the steady it. As I mentioned before, I believe our remote table out of sight caused some of the issues with service, but it is something that lowered my rating of this meal. This is a great restaurant that we will definitely return to, but I will be quicker to complain the next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Prom night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We took our daughter and date here for their prom night. We requested seperate seating. Their "prom night " special was actually more expensive than our regular menu food. We even had an appetizer. I'm not quite sure how that happened. The food is delicious and always has an excellent presentation. The wait staff is knowledgeable and very proper. Great place for that special occassion:ie, anniversary, date night, honeymoon, etc. Plan for high cost though. It is very expensive!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, Virginia
“New favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My boyfriend and best friend both live close to Leesburg, so this will be our place!

Although I'm a bit leery of large restaurants (because of rushed par-cooked fare and being sometimes rushed from the table - not here), I have to say that I was quite impressed that an establishment in this economy was that full on a Tuesday night.

Even with the large crowd, we still felt that we were having a fine dining experience that began with our knowledgeable and articulate waitress. She was perfect - she could engage with us humorously and professionally but never injected her presence into our conversation. She was also quite patient with us, as we kept running our mouths without looking at the menu. If we were not her favorite customers, we never would have known it! She was a real delight.

Although I had a good wine with dinner, I did try the specialty cocktails that the others were sipping at the table. That alone was an indication of the fine quality of their fare. Fresh herbs in the mojito, along with fresh fruit, and I was immediately transported to Puerto Rico for a few seconds!

We had the cheese platter and the fried green tomatoes to start off with. Great cheese selection, and the fried green tomatoes were so creamy and full in flavor.

The trout for the entree was beautifully prepared, and the sauce was the perfect accent for it. I think that the crab had been picked over more than once, but that was hardly a distraction from the excellence of this establishment. Great potatoes!

I had mentioned before in this article that we are ones to chatter quite a bit. Well, there were a few moments of silence during dinner because the food became the main focus because it was just that terrific!

See you again hopefully soon, Tuscarora Mill!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A Favorite Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We enjoy going here often for a quality meal and great atmosphere. The service is very good and it is one of the best restaurants in the area.

Visited February 2013