“New favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 179 Restaurants in Leesburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Bristol, Virginia
“New favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My boyfriend and best friend both live close to Leesburg, so this will be our place!

Although I'm a bit leery of large restaurants (because of rushed par-cooked fare and being sometimes rushed from the table - not here), I have to say that I was quite impressed that an establishment in this economy was that full on a Tuesday night.

Even with the large crowd, we still felt that we were having a fine dining experience that began with our knowledgeable and articulate waitress. She was perfect - she could engage with us humorously and professionally but never injected her presence into our conversation. She was also quite patient with us, as we kept running our mouths without looking at the menu. If we were not her favorite customers, we never would have known it! She was a real delight.

Although I had a good wine with dinner, I did try the specialty cocktails that the others were sipping at the table. That alone was an indication of the fine quality of their fare. Fresh herbs in the mojito, along with fresh fruit, and I was immediately transported to Puerto Rico for a few seconds!

We had the cheese platter and the fried green tomatoes to start off with. Great cheese selection, and the fried green tomatoes were so creamy and full in flavor.

The trout for the entree was beautifully prepared, and the sauce was the perfect accent for it. I think that the crab had been picked over more than once, but that was hardly a distraction from the excellence of this establishment. Great potatoes!

I had mentioned before in this article that we are ones to chatter quite a bit. Well, there were a few moments of silence during dinner because the food became the main focus because it was just that terrific!

See you again hopefully soon, Tuscarora Mill!

• Visited May 2013

“A Favorite Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We enjoy going here often for a quality meal and great atmosphere. The service is very good and it is one of the best restaurants in the area.

Visited February 2013
Franklin, Tennessee
“FAB food, FAB service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Loved it! 4 of us dined and each enjoyed their meal. Would definitely eat here again! My husband and I shared a salad prior to our entree'. The waitress was good enough to serve it on two plates.

• Visited April 2013
“What a gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to give this place a try. It's a pity it took us so long to try this place- no doubt the best place in Leesburg. We started with the Fried Green Tomatoes and I had Shrimp and Grits and my wife had the Bar B Q plate. All was delicious, great service and atmosphere. Will definitely go again.

Visited April 2013
Washington, DC
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Tuscarora Mill on a Sunday early afternoon. It was our 3rd visit. Parking is ample outside the Market Station complex where the restaurant is located. Decor is somewhat rustic and pleasing. Exposed wood and high ceilings in the bar area where we ate. The food and service are excellent. Modern American menu. Extensive detail to fine ingredients. Large selection of quality wines and beers. Sunday brunch at $26.95 is a little pricey but the offerings are plentiful and many customers were enjoying it. My corn chowder and seafood salad were delicious. My wide's Barnyard sandwich au jus made with brisket and pork was also top notch. A gourmet spot in Leesburg well worth a visit!

• Visited April 2013