“Varied menu with fresh ingredients” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Arlington, Virginia
“Varied menu with fresh ingredients”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We came for a late lunch without reservations. No problem getting a table, though they were doing good business. Nice rustic atmosphere. There are two ways to enter the restaurant; one involves steep stairs, the other has no steps at all. That is the main entrance, as it faces the street. Their luncheon menu is varied and reasonably priced for the portion sizes. The bread they serve at the start is so tasty and even better dipped in olive oil seasoned with salt and pepper. The seafood salad, which contains rare tuna, was superb. The barbecue plate had good flavors; however the ribs and pork were slightly dry. The jalapeno sausage on that plate was different and spicy. Service was pleasant and we were not rushed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

new york city
“excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Phenomenal food, gorgeous atmosphere. I can't think of a single thing that I would change about the meal here. Food was amazing, atmosphere was just beautiful. Highly, highly recommended.

Visited March 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Friendly, Prompt Service - Delicious Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been here several times, of course the one time I take my husband service was slow and while the food was delicious he was not happy with the bill! It is a bit pricey even for lunch. That said, what a wonderful place to share with friends and family -- both in atmosphere and scrumptious food. Recently, I had an amazing experience with my 13year old son - we had a rare afternoon with just the two of us - he selected the restaurant. With no reservations and the place bustling with business, we were seated promptly and had the most exceptional wait staff!! Drinks were refilled in a timely manner, orders were exact, they ensured all our needs were met -- as a Mom I couldn't be happier over how incredibly nice and attentive they were to my son, making him feel so special!! Outstanding customer service, delicious food ... well worth the price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
VA
“Give it a try at least once!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place definitely has a sophisticated rustic atmosphere. We were seated with no problem as we had reservations. You could probably walk in and get seated, but expect a wait during the dinner rush over the weekend. The service and food was pretty good. The prices are a little higher than your average Leesburg restaurant, but it's a nice place to enjoy an evening out.

Visited December 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
“A Pleasurable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife was gaga over Tuskies so she would have given five stars. But she's not writing the review. I enjoyed my meal but it didn't thrill me as much. I thought it was nice. The waiter was friendly and attentive. I thought my dish was good and I tasted my wife's dish which was -- well, good. I'm not sure I should have expected less than good, considering the prices, and maybe I was disappointed that I didn't get "great."

So four stars it is. I'm not running back there myself. But my wife will probably want to go back.

• Visited February 2013