“excellent restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 169 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
new york city
“excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Phenomenal food, gorgeous atmosphere. I can't think of a single thing that I would change about the meal here. Food was amazing, atmosphere was just beautiful. Highly, highly recommended.

Visited March 2013

82% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“Friendly, Prompt Service - Delicious Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been here several times, of course the one time I take my husband service was slow and while the food was delicious he was not happy with the bill! It is a bit pricey even for lunch. That said, what a wonderful place to share with friends and family -- both in atmosphere and scrumptious food. Recently, I had an amazing experience with my 13year old son - we had a rare afternoon with just the two of us - he selected the restaurant. With no reservations and the place bustling with business, we were seated promptly and had the most exceptional wait staff!! Drinks were refilled in a timely manner, orders were exact, they ensured all our needs were met -- as a Mom I couldn't be happier over how incredibly nice and attentive they were to my son, making him feel so special!! Outstanding customer service, delicious food ... well worth the price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
VA
“Give it a try at least once!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place definitely has a sophisticated rustic atmosphere. We were seated with no problem as we had reservations. You could probably walk in and get seated, but expect a wait during the dinner rush over the weekend. The service and food was pretty good. The prices are a little higher than your average Leesburg restaurant, but it's a nice place to enjoy an evening out.

Visited December 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
“A Pleasurable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife was gaga over Tuskies so she would have given five stars. But she's not writing the review. I enjoyed my meal but it didn't thrill me as much. I thought it was nice. The waiter was friendly and attentive. I thought my dish was good and I tasted my wife's dish which was -- well, good. I'm not sure I should have expected less than good, considering the prices, and maybe I was disappointed that I didn't get "great."

So four stars it is. I'm not running back there myself. But my wife will probably want to go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Massachusetts
“Popular, busy, quite decent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been to Tuscarora Mills three times in the past three months, all for special occasions. We always made advanced reservations. The first two times, we were satisfied with the whole experience but didn't feel moved to rave about it. It was just a very nice dining experience but nothing stood out (good or bad) that inspired me to write a review.

However, this past weekend a larger party of us decided to celebrate a birthday there, and I cannot rave highly enough about the food, the service, the ambience, and the attention to detail (including the birthday girl's name on all our menus). From the complimentary little appetizer the chef sent to the coffee and decadent dessert, everything was delicious and perfectly prepared. In our party we had one child, one vegetarian, and five hungry adventurous eaters (one of whom has several food allergies). All were delighted with the options. Everyone at the table ordered something different for appetizers, entrees, and dessert, so we had an excellent sample of the menu offerings.

Best appetizer in my opinion: flash fried oysters with spinach cream sauce. This dish would be easy to ruin with too much salt or cooking time, but they nailed it perfectly. Least favorite: spring roll (too wide - more like an egg roll than spring roll-- and not as flavorful as it could have been).

Three items worth noting about Tuscora Mills: They now waive a corking fee for any Virginia wines brought to the restaurant. That means you can swing by your favorite vineyard and pick up a bottle to have with your dinner without paying the typical markup or hefty corking fee. Secondly, Tuscora Mills offers the entrees in two sizes, which in my opinion is an excellent idea more resturants should embrace. Lastly, I would actively avoid being seated in the alcove-type area on the main (2nd) floor. It looks and feels like a poorly designed add-on for more seating. That little nook removes diners from the experience of the restaurant as it lacks decor or charm, but it does not offer privacy as tables are crammed in there.

• Visited March 2013