“A Pleasurable Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 178 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Bethesda, Maryland
“A Pleasurable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife was gaga over Tuskies so she would have given five stars. But she's not writing the review. I enjoyed my meal but it didn't thrill me as much. I thought it was nice. The waiter was friendly and attentive. I thought my dish was good and I tasted my wife's dish which was -- well, good. I'm not sure I should have expected less than good, considering the prices, and maybe I was disappointed that I didn't get "great."

So four stars it is. I'm not running back there myself. But my wife will probably want to go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Salem, Massachusetts
“Popular, busy, quite decent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been to Tuscarora Mills three times in the past three months, all for special occasions. We always made advanced reservations. The first two times, we were satisfied with the whole experience but didn't feel moved to rave about it. It was just a very nice dining experience but nothing stood out (good or bad) that inspired me to write a review.

However, this past weekend a larger party of us decided to celebrate a birthday there, and I cannot rave highly enough about the food, the service, the ambience, and the attention to detail (including the birthday girl's name on all our menus). From the complimentary little appetizer the chef sent to the coffee and decadent dessert, everything was delicious and perfectly prepared. In our party we had one child, one vegetarian, and five hungry adventurous eaters (one of whom has several food allergies). All were delighted with the options. Everyone at the table ordered something different for appetizers, entrees, and dessert, so we had an excellent sample of the menu offerings.

Best appetizer in my opinion: flash fried oysters with spinach cream sauce. This dish would be easy to ruin with too much salt or cooking time, but they nailed it perfectly. Least favorite: spring roll (too wide - more like an egg roll than spring roll-- and not as flavorful as it could have been).

Three items worth noting about Tuscora Mills: They now waive a corking fee for any Virginia wines brought to the restaurant. That means you can swing by your favorite vineyard and pick up a bottle to have with your dinner without paying the typical markup or hefty corking fee. Secondly, Tuscora Mills offers the entrees in two sizes, which in my opinion is an excellent idea more resturants should embrace. Lastly, I would actively avoid being seated in the alcove-type area on the main (2nd) floor. It looks and feels like a poorly designed add-on for more seating. That little nook removes diners from the experience of the restaurant as it lacks decor or charm, but it does not offer privacy as tables are crammed in there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great for a Private Gathering!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My now husband's mom hosted our rehearsal dinner here at "Tuskies". The wait staff was extremely attentive, the food was absolutely delicious, there was an array of bar options and the they even made a birthday cake for my 8 year old sister with zebra striped and hot pink writing (just what she wanted)!

Everything was perfect and it set the stage nicely for our wedding the next day.

Thank you for a wonderful experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“You can find much better for the same price.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The place is popular but for the life if me, I can't fathom why. You can find equal or better value in it leesburg and in nearby Ashburn that this. Service is abysmally slow with excessive wait times. Even with a reservation, we waited 45 minutes. Time from order to service was almost an hour alone. Wait staff is unapologetic to a fault. Same with the manager staff. The tables are crammed into a small space be aware that every thing you say will will be appreciated by everyone around you. Feel free to share.

When the food finally came, it was acceptable but the rest of the experience killed it all. What a shame..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“A GREAT Steak, Great Service and Great Evening Atmosphre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had a fantastic dinner there on a Saturday evening. Service from door to end was very good. Food was excellent with both traditional fare, excellent local dishes and creative chief specialties. Members of our group had the Corn Chowder which was excellent (only get a cup if you’re having a meal), the New York Strip steak, which was large and thick and cooked perfectly, the pork chop entry, also excellent and the spring rolls.

If you’re in the area the price is a little above average but the food and service is well worth the extra money. It’s perfect for friends or even better for a special place to take that someone special.

Attire = ranges from casual jeans and a polo to folks in suits and ties.