“Tuscarora Mill” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Tuscarora Mill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very elegant restaurant. This is definitely more of an adults type, special events place. A lttle too elegant for the average family style restaurant. Perfect for an anniversary or special night on the town. The price is reflective of the more elegant setting as well. As with many higher end restaurants you have gorgeous presentation but often smaller portions. You will have room for dessert here. Try it! You'll enjoy! Parking is a little walk but not bad, so be prepared for weather. Reservations are encouraged but the do accept walk-ins on an availability basis.Need a venue for an office party? They have an area down stairs that is great for small group get togethers.

Visited March 2012

Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Good food, lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I came here for a business meeting/presentation. So I did not get to choose my own food. However we were served a delicious meal of salad, vegetable lasagna, and some sort of salmon. Everything was fantastic. We then received cheesecake for dessert. Besides Cheesecake Factory, that was the best cheesecake I have ever had at a restaurant. We were in the bottom of the restaurant and it was very rustic yet sophisticated. I'm sure it is pretty pricey to eat dinner here but I didn't get a chance to look at their regular menu

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Damascus, Maryland
“Good food, a little loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

They have a nice selection of sandwiches and soups. Both have lots of flavor and the sandwiches have good bread. The service is quick, you order, sit down and they bring you your sandwich. It's loud and hard to carry on a conversation.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Colorado
“Nice ambiance, good food, pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our first time eating at Tuskies after wanting to try it for years. We dined with 3 other couples, none of whom had been there before.

There are several outdoor parking areas close by the restaurant, as well as a parking gargage, so finding a spot should not be a problem. They do take reservations on Open Table, but you will have to call the restaurant directly for parties greater than 6, which is what we had to do. We made a reservation for 6:30 on a Saturday evening and we were seated as soon as we arrived.

The waitress got us all drinks right away and brought a small free hors d'ouvre sampler of toast points with tomato and cheese on top (very good) and bread baskets - one for each end of the table which was nice. The bread was excellent.

There is a good selection of craft beers and wine, although the beer is not cheap. I had 3 beers with the meal and those alone were $18.50. My wife and I had the spring roll appetizer, jumbo sea scallops, rib eye steak special and split a dessert - warm brownie sundae. The spring rolls were very good, a little spicey for my wife's taste. The scallops were excellent and my steak was good - not very thick but good flavor. It was cooked just as I asked (medium) but the steak, mixed vegetables and whipped cauliflower were all just warm on arrival, not hot. One of the other guests had the filet mignon and said it was excellent. Another in the group had the raw oyster appetizer (very good) and another the corn chowder (very good).

The service was excellent throughout the meal, with water glasses always topped off, and the waitress was very friendly. The restaurant was not so noisy you couldn't carry on a normal conversation at the table and the interior is very interesting - an old mill with lots of open timberwork.

Tuskies was very nice all around, and we all enjoyed it, but it is pretty expensive. The bill for my wife and I was over $100 and while it was very good, I thought $33 for my steak was too much. Most of the steaks were in the $32-$36 range and I've had some just as good for much less at other locations. I'd certainly recommend this place for special occasions, just be prepared for the prices.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amman, Jordan
“Pricey, marginal food in a nice venue”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The best part of our meal was the bread, soup, tiny cheese plate, and wine. The mains were bland and undercooked ... Medium rare pork chop is not my idea of properly cooked, unless specifically requested. Chicken was dry and overdone. Service was fine, though unresponsive to the issues raised. Portions are modest, except the cheese plate which was microscopic. The restaurant was pleasant and comfortable. The pictures show it as a fine dining restaurant. The reality is that only one room had linen tablecloths, and even in that, we were the only couple in dress, coat and tie. Most were in jeans , dockers, etc. For the price and hype, we expected much more than the restaurant delivered. This is mediocre food at premium prices. If you stay away from the large plates and keep your expectations in check, it is worth two stars. As it is, I can only give it one.