“great restaurant with caveat” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Washington DC
“great restaurant with caveat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopped by for a Saturday lunch with my husband. Reception was excellent and we were made to feel very welcome. Service was great and good was excellent. Caveat? I asked for a gluten free bun with my meal. I am not gluten intolerant but tend to avoid wheat for other reasons. I am very glad wheat free bread is available and take advantage of it when I see it. I am not however neurotic about it but I do understand there are people who need to be.

Upon ordering a gluten free bun suddenly I was treated like I had some dread disease. The server brought bread to the table but specifically placed it as far away from me as possible like I was going to eat it if he placed it near me. This was amusing to me. What wasn't amusing was to be deprived of the side dishes that supposedly came with my entree without discussing it with me. I got a virtually empty plate. My husband got a plate full of food. We ordered the same thing. The french fries not wheat or grain based. I questioned where was the rest of my meal - and asked if the french fries were indeed not made out of potatoes. The manager explained that they were fried in oil that contained traces of wheat.

I didn't have the patience to explain to the lady my particular relationship with wheat - really none of their business - I asked her plainly to bring me the french fries. I would have not minded if they had substituted something else or explained to me the oil situation and asked me if I wanted something else - you know like I am an adult who can understand and make choices. Deciding for me was way overreach.

So beware people who avoid wheat or any other food for whatever reason - this staff makes decisions for you and has no problem with removing parts of the meal without consultation.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fairfax, Virginia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My favorite restaurant. The food is amazing and the service is impeccable....they are there when you need them but never hover. They always know when to stop by. A very relaxing and enjoyable venue with outstanding food.

Ashburn VA
“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I forgot how good the food at Tuskies was. I have lived in Ashburn for many years and only go to Tuskies every so often. Last weekend we went and the foos was just great!! If you have not been in a while I recommend you make a trip back.

Visited January 2013
Hunt Valley, Maryland
“Best sandwich EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had lunch at the Tuscadora Mill yesterday and WOW, what a meal. The Barnyard Au Jus was absolutely the most delicious sandwich I have eaten in my life. No exaggeration. What an amazing combination of flavors piled onto Ciabatta Bread. My wife had their tasty Flank Steak salad and we split a big bowl of their first rate Corn Chowder. Topped off by great atmosphere and terrific service and we had an experience that will bring us back again and again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great go to place in Leesburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Tuskies is great. The food is good and the service can be spotty but its a great place downtown where you can have a nice dinner or have a great beer or glass of wone in the bar. We like to go on the weekends and have lunch in the bar. I think I had the french dip last time and it was great!

Visited December 2012