“Best sandwich EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 159 Restaurants in Leesburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Hunt Valley, Maryland
“Best sandwich EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had lunch at the Tuscadora Mill yesterday and WOW, what a meal. The Barnyard Au Jus was absolutely the most delicious sandwich I have eaten in my life. No exaggeration. What an amazing combination of flavors piled onto Ciabatta Bread. My wife had their tasty Flank Steak salad and we split a big bowl of their first rate Corn Chowder. Topped off by great atmosphere and terrific service and we had an experience that will bring us back again and again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leesburg, Virginia
“Great go to place in Leesburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Tuskies is great. The food is good and the service can be spotty but its a great place downtown where you can have a nice dinner or have a great beer or glass of wone in the bar. We like to go on the weekends and have lunch in the bar. I think I had the french dip last time and it was great!

Visited December 2012
Clifton, Virginia
“reliable for a great meal and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

love the wine and the food. It's always a good time! I recommend making reservations on a Friday or weekend. husband likes the beer. the tapas are a good start if you want to get a flavor for the place.

Visited January 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Really bummed about our dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Perhaps our expectations were too high, but we were really disappointed with our dinner on Christmas Eve, so much so that we cancelled our New Years Eve reservation and ate at home instead.

For the food to note it was a prix fixe menu, but most of the items were from their regular menu. The appetizers were both quite good of scallops for me and a wild mushroom dish for my wife. My lamb was very good, her hand made ravioli were horrible and like we were eating rubber. If they had another veggie dish on the menu, I would have sent it back. The desert was a set of three chocolates that were average at best. The overall sense for the food was average fare but paled in comparison to some of the other local restaurants to include their sister restaurant Magnolia's at The Mill in Purcellville.

Our waiter was rushed around and it took about 15 minutes for him to retrieve a bottle of wine. Any ambience was lost as the seating was so tight that the chair backs hit each other in a normal seated position. To get into the chair we needed to slide across the first chair because they could not move back or forward enough to make room for very small people to pass.

Our expectations for the restaurant were very high. We waited for a special occasion to go and it was a big letdown for us. There was not a single WOW moment for the evening. I cannot recommend this restaurant, but I do love going to their bakery downstairs.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Great service enhances a wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

A friend in the DC area who knows my fascination with old buildings and love of great meals suggested I visit Tuscarora Mill if only to see what they had done with the old mill structure. I knew the advise was good when I pulled up and it was underscored with the sign announcing a special pairing event based on Bacon and Beer, both of which I consider a basic food group. What made the evening a complete success was a great waiter who catered to us with just the right amount of attention and then went above and beyond the call of duty to bring a sample of the Choklat Stout which he further suggested might go great as a modified Black and Tan sort of after dinner drink. And it was! We ended up staying in the bar area after dinner to enjoy two of what I have coined the "Nikolas Digestif". Well done all the way around!

• Visited January 2013