“EXCELLENT!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Palm Bay, Florida
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food was exquisite. The beer selection was super. Hubs had the duck breast and I had the BBQ sampler and we shared the bread pudding. Everything was delicious. Service was impeccable, even on a very busy Friday evening.

Visited December 2012

Rangoon
“Beautiful Building”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Pretty place, expected so much more for the price. I'd guess maybe a hair better than average? Service was good - but should have been.

Visited June 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great historic atmosphere and locally-sourced food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Tuscarora Mill was a culinary and sensory delight. Loved seeing the gears, pulleys, beams and grand earthy decor of an old grain mill from the 1800s turned upscale restaurant. Very authentic experience. Food was tasty and high quality. It's Zagat rated, too.

I had wild Salmon from Tasmania over puréed celery root and sautéed greens. My daughter had homemade pumpkin ravioli with a myriad of taste sensations including sherried goat cheese cream sauce and spiced walnuts and pumpkin seeds. Our extra ordered side of brussel sprouts braised with small pieces of slab bacon was especially scrumptious!

It's both casual and upscale. It's got depth and personality in the main room. The people are friendly. Our chargel was $75 before tip and that included two drinks. Clearly a special Leesburg dining event!

• Visited November 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The Corn Chowder and Veggie Burger Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was in VA to visit friends and family over Thanksgiving and my cousin suggested I meet him in Leesburg for lunch. Not knowing the area I told him to pick the restaurant and he immediately said Tuscarora Mill. The restaurant was easy to find in the heart of Leesburg. Parking in the very front is limited and if you pull in and find all the spaces filled then getting back on the street is a little tricky as there isn't a lot of room and you have to either turn around or back out. That being said there are large parking lots just across the street with plenty of spaces. When I walked in I found the ambiance to be upscale- casual. Dark panel wood walls, wood floors, wooden rafters, white table clothes and Griffin light sconces. My cousin was waiting for me at a table not far from the front entrance so I didn't really see much of the back or bar area. The menu was the perfect mix of light and heavier options with just enough choices to be interesting without being tedious. Here is a link to their menus: http://www.tuskies.com/MenuPDF.php I will say that the lunch prices are a bit high, not unreasonably and not enough to keep you from going. It may just be because I'm from a small town in NC but if you ordered a drink, soup, entree, and dessert be looking at a ballpark figure of $30 or more just for one person. Don't get me wrong you can have a very nice meal for much less if you skip a drink and dessert like I did. I would term this a special occasion place not an everyday place.
The service was impeccable. Our waiter was professionally dressed, friendly, and extremely prompt without being pushy. I never had to ask for a refill and the small changes I asked for with my order were done without fuss. When we ordered there were a couple of soup options that sounded wonderful so I asked our server what he would suggest, keeping in mind that most likely this would be my only visit. He quickly said that they are known for the corn chowder. So I ordered a cup of the corn chowder as well as the vegetarian burger. The veggie burger has an 8-grain Kaiser roll, avocado, chipolte cream, tomato salsa and comes with a little ranch salad on the side. I have to say that the corn chowder was a delight! It was so warm and just a little spicy with enough chunkiness to be filling. I wished afterwards that I had ordered the bowl instead of the cup. The veggie burger was quite good as well but the chipolte cream wasn't as spicy as I would have liked. No complaints though. If you're looking for nice sit down place in Leesburg I don't see how you can go wrong here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Put Tuskies on your 'Must-Experience' list while in Leesburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A colleague and I recently experienced a wonderful lunch at Tuskies. The entire experience, from the service to the food was fantastic.

We began with the flash-fried oysters on a small bed of creamy spinach. Wonderful!
I had the Asian Chicken salad as my entree and the dressing that adorned the salad had just enough tangyness and spicyness to really set it off.
My colleague opted for the lambburger. Yes, Lamb Burger. He said it was fantastic and judging by the amount of time it took for him to devour it I'd have to agree.

The prices are right in line, possibly even lower that what one might expect at a restaurant with food and service of this caliber. Definitely a place ill return to again and again!