“Put Tuskies on your 'Must-Experience' list while in Leesburg!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 159 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
“Put Tuskies on your 'Must-Experience' list while in Leesburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

A colleague and I recently experienced a wonderful lunch at Tuskies. The entire experience, from the service to the food was fantastic.

We began with the flash-fried oysters on a small bed of creamy spinach. Wonderful!
I had the Asian Chicken salad as my entree and the dressing that adorned the salad had just enough tangyness and spicyness to really set it off.
My colleague opted for the lambburger. Yes, Lamb Burger. He said it was fantastic and judging by the amount of time it took for him to devour it I'd have to agree.

The prices are right in line, possibly even lower that what one might expect at a restaurant with food and service of this caliber. Definitely a place ill return to again and again!

Washington DC
“It's 5 stars in Leesburg but 4 in DC but don't miss it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My family went to Tuskies last month to celebrate a few birthdays including my Aunt's who was 81. We made a 6 pm reservation but given we were coming back from a day trip to WVA with two ladies of a certain age, we called to see if they could sit us earlier. (I should mention I had told them about my aunt's birthday when I made the reservation 3 days earlier).

When we showed up, they seated us in a quiet part of the restaurant (as requested) and gave us the menus........(sorry, spoiler alert) and all the menus were individually printed and at the top they said "Happy Birthday ____(my aunt's name). There were one or two missteps on who ordered what...I can vouch for the server, we weren't exactly clear on the appetizer choice. But the replacement appetizer of oysters on the half shell showed up within minutes (maybe 4 minutes) of us asking about it. Overall, it was a great experience after seeing Sheppardstown, Harper's Ferry, and Waterford as a part of a country trip for my grandmother and her sister. A friend of mine in Leesburg urged me to go there and I'm glad I did. I have the following recommendations 1) if it's a special occation, please tell them and let them know what it is. I couldn't have chosen a better table or better way to say "happy birthday" (I didn't give away all the birthday surprizes). 2) make a reservation!! This place is wildly popluar in Leesburg.

• Visited October 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Pleasant food, plenty of parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I like eating out on their little porch/enclosed balcony. Their food is fresh and reliable always. My friend had never eaten there before. She thought the place was a real treat, given the historic nature of the place and quaint decor oriented around that. We will come back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“GREAT Burgers, Corn Chowder, & Local Grown Food - eat in the bar area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is one of the best spots in Leesburg. I have eaten on both sides of the restaurant multiple times. The food is typically excellent, the servers are great, and the ambience is perfect for a burger and a beer or roast duck and wine. My preference is the bar area and its menu. Whereas the main dining area is nice, the food doesn't blow me away. The menu near the charming bar area offers much from the other side with one of the better burgers I have ever had. The corn chowder is an absolute MUST have.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a must stop when you're in Leesburg. Food and service are excellent. Make your reservations early.

• Visited May 2012