“GREAT Burgers, Corn Chowder, & Local Grown Food - eat in the bar area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscarora Mill

Tuscarora Mill
203 Harrison St. SE, Leesburg, VA 20175
703-478-1141
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 168 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Leesburg, Virginia
“GREAT Burgers, Corn Chowder, & Local Grown Food - eat in the bar area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is one of the best spots in Leesburg. I have eaten on both sides of the restaurant multiple times. The food is typically excellent, the servers are great, and the ambience is perfect for a burger and a beer or roast duck and wine. My preference is the bar area and its menu. Whereas the main dining area is nice, the food doesn't blow me away. The menu near the charming bar area offers much from the other side with one of the better burgers I have ever had. The corn chowder is an absolute MUST have.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a must stop when you're in Leesburg. Food and service are excellent. Make your reservations early.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Tuskies on a Friday night and had a lovely dinner. The food was wonderful and so was the service! I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2012
Nebraska
“Bread pudding to die for!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were recently in Leesburg and decided to try Tuscarora Mill, especially after looking at the menu and seeing the shrimp and grits. We went on a Wednesday night and it was quite crowded, luckily they take reservations. Being from South Carolina originally I'm a shrimp and grits connoisseur. The shrimp and grits here are right up there with my favorite place in Charleston, SC (Slightly North of Broad). Instead of andoille sausage or tasso ham they added Virginia ham, which was delicious. It also has tomatoes and spinach in it. I'm okay with cooked spinach in small amounts - there was a little too much spinach in this dish for my taste, but it was very easy to pick some of it out and put it on the side. I also ordered a side of cheese grits ( living in the Midwest now, I don't get good grits very often) and they were wonderful. My husband's pork chop meal was also good. Now for the best part of the meal - the bread pudding. Before this week I've had bread pudding once in my life and did not like it at all. Im not a fan of raisins and that seems to be an ingredient in most bread pudding. I read the description on the menu and thought it sounded good and different (no raisins). I asked our waiter his opinion between the bread pudding and turtle cheesecake and he said definitely the bread pudding. It had vanilla mousse in the middle and was drizzled in homemade butterscotch sauce - I wanted to lick the plate! Needless to say I went back the next day and sat at the bar and had an afternoon snack of bread pudding!

Wisconsin
“A late lunch in a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I stopped for a mid-afternoon lunch after visiting a number of wineries in the area. Because of the time, we wanted just a light lunch, but there weren't too many options for this; however, we settled on fondue (me) and wings, which turned out to be just right and very good. We liked the atmosphere and, because of the time of day, didn't have to worry about a crowd. We enjoyed it and would definitely return.

• Visited September 2012