“Bread pudding to die for!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Nebraska
“Bread pudding to die for!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were recently in Leesburg and decided to try Tuscarora Mill, especially after looking at the menu and seeing the shrimp and grits. We went on a Wednesday night and it was quite crowded, luckily they take reservations. Being from South Carolina originally I'm a shrimp and grits connoisseur. The shrimp and grits here are right up there with my favorite place in Charleston, SC (Slightly North of Broad). Instead of andoille sausage or tasso ham they added Virginia ham, which was delicious. It also has tomatoes and spinach in it. I'm okay with cooked spinach in small amounts - there was a little too much spinach in this dish for my taste, but it was very easy to pick some of it out and put it on the side. I also ordered a side of cheese grits ( living in the Midwest now, I don't get good grits very often) and they were wonderful. My husband's pork chop meal was also good. Now for the best part of the meal - the bread pudding. Before this week I've had bread pudding once in my life and did not like it at all. Im not a fan of raisins and that seems to be an ingredient in most bread pudding. I read the description on the menu and thought it sounded good and different (no raisins). I asked our waiter his opinion between the bread pudding and turtle cheesecake and he said definitely the bread pudding. It had vanilla mousse in the middle and was drizzled in homemade butterscotch sauce - I wanted to lick the plate! Needless to say I went back the next day and sat at the bar and had an afternoon snack of bread pudding!

Wisconsin
“A late lunch in a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I stopped for a mid-afternoon lunch after visiting a number of wineries in the area. Because of the time, we wanted just a light lunch, but there weren't too many options for this; however, we settled on fondue (me) and wings, which turned out to be just right and very good. We liked the atmosphere and, because of the time of day, didn't have to worry about a crowd. We enjoyed it and would definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Excellent Lunch Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Since we had lunch at Lightfoot (which was also very good) last time we were in Leesburg, we tried Tuscarora Mill this time at a relative's recommendation. We weren't disappointed. We joined two of our cousins and two friends, and everyone liked their lunch and service. The atmosphere was quiet, the server friendly, and the lunch and dessert very good. It made for a pleasant dining experience before catching a flight home.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I found the food just okay, the ambiance a bit overrated...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went here for a special evening. I ordered the lamb chops - they were tougher than they should have been and a bit gamey... not how lamb should taste. The brussel sprouts were too also a bit too crunchy - which was disappointing, as I enjoy them. My partner had the trout, which was good, but nothing special. I like the decor of this place, but I felt the service and the ambiance was just a bit too pretentious for my taste. Doubt I'll be back. Found it much warmer and more personable at the Wine Kitchen. Not to mention the food is definitely a cut above there...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Olney, Maryland
“Great ambiance and very good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been here 3 times now and feel confident in writing a review. I wanted to get past the ambiance, which is outstanding and focus on the food. I love the seafood salad, very fresh and the seared tuna is the best. Burgers are excellent as was the turkey club. Service has always been very attentive and friendly. It deserves the rating it has gotten beyond a doubt.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere