“A late lunch in a nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Wisconsin
“A late lunch in a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I stopped for a mid-afternoon lunch after visiting a number of wineries in the area. Because of the time, we wanted just a light lunch, but there weren't too many options for this; however, we settled on fondue (me) and wings, which turned out to be just right and very good. We liked the atmosphere and, because of the time of day, didn't have to worry about a crowd. We enjoyed it and would definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Plano, Texas
“Excellent Lunch Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Since we had lunch at Lightfoot (which was also very good) last time we were in Leesburg, we tried Tuscarora Mill this time at a relative's recommendation. We weren't disappointed. We joined two of our cousins and two friends, and everyone liked their lunch and service. The atmosphere was quiet, the server friendly, and the lunch and dessert very good. It made for a pleasant dining experience before catching a flight home.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I found the food just okay, the ambiance a bit overrated...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went here for a special evening. I ordered the lamb chops - they were tougher than they should have been and a bit gamey... not how lamb should taste. The brussel sprouts were too also a bit too crunchy - which was disappointing, as I enjoy them. My partner had the trout, which was good, but nothing special. I like the decor of this place, but I felt the service and the ambiance was just a bit too pretentious for my taste. Doubt I'll be back. Found it much warmer and more personable at the Wine Kitchen. Not to mention the food is definitely a cut above there...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Olney, Maryland
“Great ambiance and very good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been here 3 times now and feel confident in writing a review. I wanted to get past the ambiance, which is outstanding and focus on the food. I love the seafood salad, very fresh and the seared tuna is the best. Burgers are excellent as was the turkey club. Service has always been very attentive and friendly. It deserves the rating it has gotten beyond a doubt.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
U.S. expats
“Tuskie's--a Good Place to Celebrate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Five of us went for a birthday celebration recently.

We were seated in a brightly lit, high ceilinged room on the second floor, which was pleasant and not noisy.

The wait staff was attentive, but we had to remind them initially about some small things, like more of the delicious bread, and some butter.

From there on in, I cannot fault the service.

One in our group had a food allergy, and the waiter not only found out whether a soup on the menu (the to-die-for corn chowder) contained the allergen, he continued to proactively find out if the same allergen was in anything else ordered, or on special.

The food ordered was wonderful--three in the party got the lamb, one got the hamburger from the bar, and the last in our party got a steak. As stated above, the corn chowder is not to be missed--it is probably the best I have ever had. All the rest of the food was delicious and prepared and served exactly as ordered.

If there was a disappointment, food wise, it would have to be the scalloped potatoes, which were obviously produced as a large casserole, and were served in a large square rather bland chunk.

Desserts were insanely good--in retrospect I only wonder how we were able to order them at all.

I would definitely return for a special occasion meal. It is a little pricier than I would like to pay for a normal dinner out.

• 5 of 5 stars Food