“Gave us a beautiful wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 171 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Centreville, Virginia
“Gave us a beautiful wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I think most people that go to Lightfoot Restaurant in Lessburg, VA will tell you they had amazing food, wonderful service all packaged together within its unique and historical atmosphere. Not only will I agree, but I will let you know that they can also organize one heck of an event. My husband and I had our wedding at Lightfoot in October of 2011 and I can't imagine having a more perfect wedding anywhere else.

Lightfoot offers numerous different event packages for a variety of party sizes and budgets. We had just under 100 guests that were easily accommodated in their large event room upstairs, which features a piano lounge and separate bar space from the dining room--perfect for cocktail hour. Lightfoot allows you to contract with your own DJ--even with about 100 guests there was still room for a dance floor and space for the DJ's materials.

I loved Lightfoot because it had the unique charm I wanted in a wedding venue (it's a historic building in downtown Leesburg--it is a restored bank) without all the hassle of dealing with multiple vendors. My husband and I are foodies at heart, so having a wide variety of delicious food was #1 on our priority list, and boy can they deliver in that territory. We had a wide range of appetizers (including their famous fried green tomatoes, which were a huge hit with all the guests) and chose to do a buffet style dinner which was perfect. All the food was hot and cooked to perfection. The waitstaff at dinner were very helpful and so kind to us and to all of our guests.

The manager at Lightfoot went above and beyond with the set-up for our wedding--even allowing us to deliver decorations and centerpieces the night before and offering to put them out for us so we didn't have to make a second trip back the day of (which wasn't necessarily part of the package--she just did it because she was nice). The room was absolutely beautiful!

Lightfoot also owns a bakery right next door who designed our beautiful wedding cake to our specifications (we wanted a big, brown chocolate cake--it was beautiful, nontraditional and most importantly delicious).

We have been married almost 2 years now and I can't wait to return to Lightfoot again this year for our anniversary. The food it out of this world and we know we are being taken care of by a wonderful staff in a beautiful setting. Keep Lightfoot in mind for lunch or dinner (you may want to make reservations) and seriously considerate it for a unique event venue.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Northern Virginia
“BEAUTIFUL RESTAURANT WITH EXCELLENT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in Northern VA. It is located in an old bank and the ceiling, fireplace, chandeliers, old bank vaults are beautiful. The bar is really nice and you can eat in a more casual atmosphere near the bar or celebrate a special night in the dining room. This can be a special occasion place or rather casual. We hosted a retirement party at Lightfoot many years ago with passed appetizers and drinks. They did a great job. There are several banquet rooms. In all of Leesburg this is the place we go the most.

Visited July 2013
Panama City, Panama
“The Lightfoot has atmosphere and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was visiting some friends and they took to the Lightfoot for brunch. It was Father's Day and they had a special brunch and exoctic mimosas. As you enter, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful restoration of an old bank, not to mention the life sized statue of Alfred, the butler.
The service was good, a bit slow, but the place was quite crowded. Our waiter was very attentive.
The homemade biscuits were mouth watering, and the deviled eggs with a spicy sauce, were very tasty. I had a crab eggs benedict which I thoroughly enjoyed. Unfortunately, none of our party had room for dessert, but my friends assured me that they were all wonderful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reston
“Excellent Food and Service in a charming old bank!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

A wonderful meal. I had the duck and it was superb. My friend had the catfish special and raved about it at the meal and the day after. The peanut butter torte is outstanding but rich and good to share. The service was excellent. I like the atmosphere of it being held in an old quaint bank. I come here a few times a year and am never disappointed. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg, Virginia
“A let down....again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Several years ago we had a HORRIBLE experience at the kitchen table at Lightfoot. Food was cold, over cooked, and service was bad. But, we know people who love Lightfoot so, we thought we would give it a second chance. I have to say, the menu is very appealing, the wine list is fantastic, but when it comes to executing they just try to do too much. I think some of the dishes are "overdone" - too much going on. And the portions are HUGE. I like a lot of food, but it can be too much sometimes. My husband ordered the rack of lamb, med-rare. It came out raw (5 min after all of our other entrees were delivered) so, we had to send it back. It took 20 min for them to refire the entree and they never apologized or took any action to accommodate us. The other three people at the table were completely done by the time his food came. I ordered the duck, med-rare and it came out well done. I didn't say anything. So, we tried again, but now we are done. Too many other great places in Leesburg to spend our money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere