“The Lightfoot has atmosphere and great food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Panama City, Panama
“The Lightfoot has atmosphere and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was visiting some friends and they took to the Lightfoot for brunch. It was Father's Day and they had a special brunch and exoctic mimosas. As you enter, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful restoration of an old bank, not to mention the life sized statue of Alfred, the butler.
The service was good, a bit slow, but the place was quite crowded. Our waiter was very attentive.
The homemade biscuits were mouth watering, and the deviled eggs with a spicy sauce, were very tasty. I had a crab eggs benedict which I thoroughly enjoyed. Unfortunately, none of our party had room for dessert, but my friends assured me that they were all wonderful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reston
“Excellent Food and Service in a charming old bank!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

A wonderful meal. I had the duck and it was superb. My friend had the catfish special and raved about it at the meal and the day after. The peanut butter torte is outstanding but rich and good to share. The service was excellent. I like the atmosphere of it being held in an old quaint bank. I come here a few times a year and am never disappointed. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“A let down....again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Several years ago we had a HORRIBLE experience at the kitchen table at Lightfoot. Food was cold, over cooked, and service was bad. But, we know people who love Lightfoot so, we thought we would give it a second chance. I have to say, the menu is very appealing, the wine list is fantastic, but when it comes to executing they just try to do too much. I think some of the dishes are "overdone" - too much going on. And the portions are HUGE. I like a lot of food, but it can be too much sometimes. My husband ordered the rack of lamb, med-rare. It came out raw (5 min after all of our other entrees were delivered) so, we had to send it back. It took 20 min for them to refire the entree and they never apologized or took any action to accommodate us. The other three people at the table were completely done by the time his food came. I ordered the duck, med-rare and it came out well done. I didn't say anything. So, we tried again, but now we are done. Too many other great places in Leesburg to spend our money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ashburn, Va
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had dinner on Saturday night at Lightfoot. As always, the food and service were excellent. We have eaten there many times and are always very happy. The restaurant is always busy for many years now and that tells me a lot. They understand quality and this was evidenced yet again! Thank you.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Lightfoot Restaurant in Leesburg, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had not been to Lightfoot in a few years and now wonder "why not?" Our experience Last Sat. evening was good on all levels: food, ambiance, and service! And, it was packed.

Visited May 2013