“A let down....again” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 164 restaurants in Leesburg
Cross street: Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia
“A let down....again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Several years ago we had a HORRIBLE experience at the kitchen table at Lightfoot. Food was cold, over cooked, and service was bad. But, we know people who love Lightfoot so, we thought we would give it a second chance. I have to say, the menu is very appealing, the wine list is fantastic, but when it comes to executing they just try to do too much. I think some of the dishes are "overdone" - too much going on. And the portions are HUGE. I like a lot of food, but it can be too much sometimes. My husband ordered the rack of lamb, med-rare. It came out raw (5 min after all of our other entrees were delivered) so, we had to send it back. It took 20 min for them to refire the entree and they never apologized or took any action to accommodate us. The other three people at the table were completely done by the time his food came. I ordered the duck, med-rare and it came out well done. I didn't say anything. So, we tried again, but now we are done. Too many other great places in Leesburg to spend our money.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
ashburn, Va
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had dinner on Saturday night at Lightfoot. As always, the food and service were excellent. We have eaten there many times and are always very happy. The restaurant is always busy for many years now and that tells me a lot. They understand quality and this was evidenced yet again! Thank you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Lightfoot Restaurant in Leesburg, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had not been to Lightfoot in a few years and now wonder "why not?" Our experience Last Sat. evening was good on all levels: food, ambiance, and service! And, it was packed.

Visited May 2013
Potomac Falls, VA
“Wonderful food, service and setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent a very nice evening here. We enjoyed the food very much. Portions were perfect and the food was delicious. Our waiter was very good- very attentive, but he didn't hover and we never felt rushed. We were a bit disappointed by the beer selection.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stopped for lunch after we went to antique shops, we like the place and why not try the food as we sit and order the food all seem fine they serve us very good . My husband was order salad and it come sandwich with soup we told that it is wrong and take extra 10 minute to wait so I share my meals to my husband because we was hungry . I order lightfood burger the beef dry, the homemade potatoes too salted the problem still continue for my sister order her crab was overcooked . We did complaint but the waiter just said ah no even apologize, anyway we just eat it and paid with minimum tip (15%) . The waiter took the bills looked at she give a scowl look, what the matter we even smile while we explained about the overcooked .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere