“Not quite worth the price” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Alexandria, Virginia
“Not quite worth the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Lightfoot is apparently the place for the elite of Leesburg to meet and eat - on a recent Friday night, this place was packed. It is easy to see why. The dining room, a former Beaux Art bank lobby is gorgeous and the service is very friendly and efficient. We both very much enjoyed the scallop appetizer. My companion's duck entree was wonderful - my eggplant parmagiana, surprisingly, was less so. I certainly understand their wanting to "up the ante" on a menu basic like this by using more expensive and flavorful cheese, but it was like eating a solid block of cheese - eggplant and sauce were curiously absent.

One small thing - although the bread was very good, it was served cold, as if it had been sitting in the fridge. Would only take a moment to pop it in the microwave.

In the end we felt our dinner just was not worth the price - with tip, an even $100. for one shared entree, two glasses of house wine, and two entrees - no salads or desserts.

We have been here for lunch and enjoyed that experience very much, feeling that meal was well worth the price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
dc
“HORRIBLE PLACE! WASTE OF TIME!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is HORRIBLE!! The lady that runs it is an awful woman. I have dined at Lightfoot a few times and will never go back. I was parking in the Lightfoot parking area behind the bank drive through intending to go inside and have lunch. We were just about to walk across the street to meet up with some friends and then go inside.The lady that runs the restaurant yells at us rudely that the parking is for lightfoot only and I tell her we are having lunch at the restaurant. She then follows us around the corner were we are meeting our friends. I decide to go back and move the truck worried she is going to tow it because of her obscene behavior. I walk up and see her putting a bright green VIOLATION sticker on my car! She walks back inside saying to me "What comes around goes around". This is unbelievable behavior coming from someone in the customer service industry. I wish there was something more I could do about it. This lady is a miserable cow and I can not believe she is allowed to run a restaurant with such childish behavior. It's sad that I went out to have a nice lunch and the lady that runs Lightfoot ruined my plans!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“"want to be fine dining" not !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Terrible from the start, wine had something floating in it, sat us next to a pos/station and a table with kids while the restaurant was empty ? crab bisque overated, monk fish special was served cold and over saturated with sauce that was even colder sent it back, horrible corn bread, had to ask for water & butter, bathrooms located right across from kitchen,whats up with that ? server had no personality. Definitely will not go back. Thank God my restaurant experience in Leesburg, VA was saved the next day when I dined at Tuscarora Mill, was greeted promptly, the place was lively, our server Deborah was professional, knowledgeable and fun, great wine selection, bread was made fresh in their bakery and warm with both soft creamy butter & olive oil, the shrimp & grits was the best I had ever eaten in my life, they exceeeded my expectations.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn,va
“What a terrific meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was a return visit with a bit of hesitancy as a previous visit was disappointing. The evening could not have been better with a great Chilean red wine, bread, black eyed pea soup and a tremendous Rock fish special. The portions were extremely generous. The restaurant was very busy but not too loud. My wife and I were not rushed and enjoyed the experience. My compliments to the chef and the owners for creating an upscale environment in the heart of Leesburg. This place is a gem.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn
“5 Stars!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

5 Stars to the crew at Lightfoot tonight! We made a reservation for 4PM and were 21 minutes late but they still found a cozy, private spot for us to have our Valentine's Day dinner. The meal was fantastic also and the drinks were plentiful.

As you might imagine, we will be back to visit many times. Thank you very much.
Mark & Beth Anton