“Great food - service was...uneven?” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 179 Restaurants in Leesburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Great food - service was...uneven?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This review is a 4.5. I'm from Rhode Island so I'd never had the chance to visit Lightfoot or Leesburg Virginia until last night. There is a really charming main street and I wished I had been there for Christmas time to see it all lit up. The town aside, I was really looking forward to the restaurant. The outside aesthetics were really classy.

We reserved our table for 530 on Opentable. We would have liked a later reservation though it wasn't possible as it was a busy Saturday night but we wanted to try the restaurant anyway. We were a party of four. We were warmly greeted at reception and promptly seated. The food was top notch - I had shrimp and grits and everyone agreed their food was excellent. My critique of the restaurant was because of the waitress. She was nice, I guess. I was a bartender/server for 11 years so maybe I expect more from my server but if I see a 4-top who are ordering apps, wine, and main courses, I know I'm going to get a decent tip. She basically slammed my friend's beer on the table and kept making sarcastic dry comments about how her arms weren't long enough for the table. Basically insinuating that we should lift our arms and help her serve us. We would have done that anyway but it was bizzarre to be called out about it when we would have helped anyway. Also, she didn't recommend any wines or food or engage with our table. If she had, I would have easily been up-sold on some wines or on my entree. She was busy, I'll give her that and the food came out fast and correct. She just lacked personality which could have made this an unforgettable dining experience. That being said, I would definitely go back on the food alone. Local farm made products and southern flair that I can't get up in the NE.

• Visited November 2012

Leesburg, Virginia
“GREAT Spot with atmosphere & food to match”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I love this incredible spot. The service was a little lacking (slooooooow and forgetful). But the food and ambience made us forget quickly. If for no other reason, the Lightfoot is worth the trip just to experience aplace where management actually cares.

Virginia
“Better then Maryland Crab Soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Absoulutely the best crab soup I've ever had. Seafood is a religion at our home and we generally only eat seafood at specific resturants we know or have been recommended by friends. When I saw this on the menu I questioned the waiter who also from Maryland insisted I wouldn't be disappointed. A rich flavor with a hint of sherry and what tasted like a half a pound of crab meat.
It was and is worth the trip every time where in Leesburg

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sherman
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stopped here on an antique trip and loved this restaurant. The spicy tomato soup is to die for. The sandwiches are huge and the menu is more than adequate. The service was excellent even though they were very busy at lunch time. The restaurant is in an old bank building with the vault and all. The bar was beautiful. A very interesting place to dine and food was very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“One of the best in Leesburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Everything I've tried on the menu is fabulous, and generously portioned given that it is upscale (and expensive). A great place for special occasions as you will spend some cash here, but worth it!