“Better then Maryland Crab Soup” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Virginia
“Better then Maryland Crab Soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Absoulutely the best crab soup I've ever had. Seafood is a religion at our home and we generally only eat seafood at specific resturants we know or have been recommended by friends. When I saw this on the menu I questioned the waiter who also from Maryland insisted I wouldn't be disappointed. A rich flavor with a hint of sherry and what tasted like a half a pound of crab meat.
It was and is worth the trip every time where in Leesburg

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sherman
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stopped here on an antique trip and loved this restaurant. The spicy tomato soup is to die for. The sandwiches are huge and the menu is more than adequate. The service was excellent even though they were very busy at lunch time. The restaurant is in an old bank building with the vault and all. The bar was beautiful. A very interesting place to dine and food was very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“One of the best in Leesburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Everything I've tried on the menu is fabulous, and generously portioned given that it is upscale (and expensive). A great place for special occasions as you will spend some cash here, but worth it!

Glen Burnie, MD
“Excellent food, beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I asked my cousin's daughter where a good restaurant was and she told me Lightfoot. I called and made reservations within 20 minutes for 1 1/2 hours later. Parking is hard to find. We ordered drinks and received them within 5 minutes. We both ordered soup, me the spicy tomato and my husband, the better than Maryland crab soup. I enjoyed my soup and my husband said his was delicious. My husband ordered the crab cake and it came with rice, green beans and an ear of corn on the cob. He enjoyed it all a nd said the rice was fantastic. I ordered the shrimp and lobster pasta which is something I never order. It was delicous but I couldn't finish it. All in all, we enjoyed our meal and the building at the same time. The restaurant used to be a bank years ago.

Visited October 2012
Kensington, Maryland
“Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I ate at Lightfoot restaurant tonight, for the second time in a few years. The service from the waitstaff as well as the manager was terrible, although I have to say the hostess was very nice and seated me immediately. I came very hungry and in the mood for their renowned cream of crab soup. I waited at a table for almost 15 minutes before anyone greeted me. The manager and several of the wait staff passed by me numerous times and never bothered approaching me. Finally, I asked a server at a nearby table if I could get someone to wait on me. The waiter working the bar finally came over to take my order. I ordered the cream of crab soup and fried green tomatoes, specifically requesting my soup first. After waiting 20 minutes for my soup and being ignored by my waiter I got up from my table, approached the bar and again asked for my soup. The waiter was completely aloof and oblivious to his terrible service, as was the bald manager walking by my table. The manager was completely indifferent to me although I was trying to get the waiter's attention. When my food came out, of course both orders were brought at once, with my soup barely luke warm because it had no doubt been sitting in the back for 20 minutes. I was starved so I ate the otherwise delicious soup (i.e., the only thing worth going to this restaurant for) and less than mediocre fried green tomatoes. After eating I asked for the manager because as a foodie who frequently dines at very good restaurants, this restaurant had the worst service I've experienced. When I relayed my experience to the bald manager, he acted like he could not have cared less and never apologized or attempted to make things right, not that I asked for anything and had already paid my bill of $23 dollars for soup and tomatoes. Anyway, the manager said something lame to the affect when you come again, I will get you a dessert, never mind the fact that I told him I was from out of town or the fact that he never identified himself or provided a card. I have never seen such a "care less" attitude from a manager and wait staff. The manager walked around importantly while never asking guests if they needed anything. He simply couldn't be bothered. When I told my waiter he served me cold soup that had been sitting in the back for 20 minutes, he shrugged it off and walked away and lamely tried to blame the kitchen. I will not go back because of the poor service and attitude of the waitstaff and MANAGER. What a shame; they will continue to lose business with these types of employees.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere