“Terrible Service” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 169 restaurants in Leesburg
Cross street: Market Street
Kensington, Maryland
“Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I ate at Lightfoot restaurant tonight, for the second time in a few years. The service from the waitstaff as well as the manager was terrible, although I have to say the hostess was very nice and seated me immediately. I came very hungry and in the mood for their renowned cream of crab soup. I waited at a table for almost 15 minutes before anyone greeted me. The manager and several of the wait staff passed by me numerous times and never bothered approaching me. Finally, I asked a server at a nearby table if I could get someone to wait on me. The waiter working the bar finally came over to take my order. I ordered the cream of crab soup and fried green tomatoes, specifically requesting my soup first. After waiting 20 minutes for my soup and being ignored by my waiter I got up from my table, approached the bar and again asked for my soup. The waiter was completely aloof and oblivious to his terrible service, as was the bald manager walking by my table. The manager was completely indifferent to me although I was trying to get the waiter's attention. When my food came out, of course both orders were brought at once, with my soup barely luke warm because it had no doubt been sitting in the back for 20 minutes. I was starved so I ate the otherwise delicious soup (i.e., the only thing worth going to this restaurant for) and less than mediocre fried green tomatoes. After eating I asked for the manager because as a foodie who frequently dines at very good restaurants, this restaurant had the worst service I've experienced. When I relayed my experience to the bald manager, he acted like he could not have cared less and never apologized or attempted to make things right, not that I asked for anything and had already paid my bill of $23 dollars for soup and tomatoes. Anyway, the manager said something lame to the affect when you come again, I will get you a dessert, never mind the fact that I told him I was from out of town or the fact that he never identified himself or provided a card. I have never seen such a "care less" attitude from a manager and wait staff. The manager walked around importantly while never asking guests if they needed anything. He simply couldn't be bothered. When I told my waiter he served me cold soup that had been sitting in the back for 20 minutes, he shrugged it off and walked away and lamely tried to blame the kitchen. I will not go back because of the poor service and attitude of the waitstaff and MANAGER. What a shame; they will continue to lose business with these types of employees.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

72% Recommend
“Never Quite Cuts It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have been here three times and as one in our party said it, the menu always looks better than the actual dish. They have a few really good dishes such as the onion and mushroom soup but for the most part the food is pretty mediocre. The service is always slow and the wait staff is not very attentive or responsive. On our most recent visit, one in our party very clearly told the waitress they only wanted the steak sandwich if it was shaved steak otherwise she would order something else. Well the waitress assured her it would be shaved. Well what arrived had chunks of steak in a rather unappetizing presentation. The point being we would have ordered something else if what we asked for couldn't be arranged. This was our last effort to come here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“Super cool restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Been here several times. Never disappointed. Food, service atmosphere--excellent! Love the experience

Visited September 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Overated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant thinks they are good. The waitstaff turned their noses at us because we did not order alcohol. Portions are very small. If you see a lot of bad reviews of waitstaff, don't you think you would make changes????

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg, Virginia
“Cold and an indifferent waiter”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were given a table under an AC vent and three tables of two shivered until we asked that they warm it up. Fifteen minutes later the cold stopped blowing.

We ordered an appetizer of chips, cheese and bacon. We watched other tables nearby get appetizers, soups and entrees--in other words three courses with no word from our waiter. When we able to finally ask the waiter for a status we were informed the chips had run out and they were making more. The attitude from our waiter was indifferent as if we shouldn't be asking. When the chips came, it was rather obvious that they hadn't just been made. The entrees were not spectacular either.

This is my second and last visit. I came one other time about seven years ago and the memory was only a little better. Go to Blue Ridge or Fireworks, not Lightfoot. Blue Ridge has some of the best service I've ever experienced.

• Visited September 2012