“A delightful evening in Leesburg” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Herndon, Virginia, United States
“A delightful evening in Leesburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I told my husband that I would take him to the Eiffel Tower in honor of Father's Day. It was our first trip to the Eiffel Tower Café in Leesburg, VA. We chose to dine inside where it was quiet and beautifully decorated. Many customers chose to dine outside since the evening was mild and pleasant. The outdoor dinning does not set directly on the street side walk. It is located along the side of the Café and is sheltered by shrubs and privacy fencing. We started our meal with the "drink of the day" which was champagne infused with raspberry liquor. Since I do not eat very much, the waiter was very helpful in assisting me with selecting interesting yet not too filling dishes. I had the beet with goat cheese salad to start while my husband had the frog legs. Both dishes were delightful, tasty and beautifully presented. For his entrée, my husband selected the roasted Orange Duck which was cooked medium rare and was wonderful served with whipped potatoes, asparagus and mixed vegetables highlighting red cabbage, red peppers and yellow squash. I enjoyed the mussels prepared in wine sauce. We both enjoyed a dessert. I had the raspberry torte which was very light and a great end to a great dinning experience. The staff was very friendly and made us feel as if we were dinning in a home atmosphere. We certainly will visit this wonderful little restaurant again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Berlin, Massachusetts
“Two times and both great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited the Eiffel Tower Cafe for lunch in early May. This was our second visit since November, 2011. Once again we were thoroughly pleased with our visit. The cafe is charming and the server was a delight. The food was absolutely wonderful and the wine our server suggested just made the meal a wonderful experience.

We will visit this restaurant whenever we visit Loudoun County.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore County, Maryland
“Pleasant Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Last Fall my husband and I spent the afternoon in Leesburg and had lunch at the Eiffel Tower Café because their outdoor seating was open and our little dog was with us. The food had a French flair to it which my husband loved because it brought back memories of when he lived in France as a child. The staff was very accommodating to serve us outside when the weather was not perfect.

Visited November 2012
“Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was our first visit, a date night, and we were not let down. Service was excellent, the food well prepared, and most important - My Baby left very happy. The menu was what you'd expect from a French Cafe not trying to over do itself. The meal lives up to the premium pricing, we'll be back for sure.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“This place is terrible DONT GO!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went for valentines day and it was terrible. We had to wait for our reservation at a very early hour, had to wait too long for water or a glass of wine. We ordered and then once the food finally got there my steak was overcooked - very overcooked. I had asked for it rare and it came medium and dry. When I told the waiter he looked at it and said that how WE cook rare steaks. I then went to the snobby manager/owner and she argued with me about the temperature of the steak and that I was wrong and thats how a rare steak is cooked. Sorry but thats wrong. a rare steak should NEVER be any shade of pink and never be dry. I hate this place and will not go back and suggest you go to any of the other nicer restaurants in Leesburg just a few blocks away. I think you would get a better meal and service in just about any other place.

Visited February 2012