“great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Leesburg B&B and Inns
pensylvania
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2006

the place to stay the food is awsome the chairs in the the room are lil warn down but thehy have really turned the place ariund i think it was an awsome stay for me and my new wife she enjoyed the nice warm worlpool bath while we took a stroll to the bars around the inn i say that it is a good place to stay

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — checking in
  • Tips/Secrets — be polite and they will treat you like a king
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

We have stayed at the Colonial Inn several times and I have to say everything the other reviews say is true. The furniture is sadly in disrepair, the staff is non-existent, the owner doesn't care, and the breakfast is fine... when the cook shows up. The waiter and waitress are the glue that holds the place together, although this trip we also had another saviour - an visiting repair person who came to our aid.

So if this is the case, why did we return? The location is in the middle of town and the Colonial Inn is friendly to bicyclists. All that being said, after our last experience, we'll not likely return. The complete lack of consideration and indifference by both the owner and his wife was amazing and this as the rooms are getting more and more rundown. The carpet coming up the stairs to the level of the guest rooms is absolutely filthy. I can only tell the previous reviewer who missed this experience for his or her wedding night actually would have been much more disappointed had the room been available.

• Stayed July 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2006

Near the end of December 2005, I tried to book a room at the Colonial Inn for mid June 2006. The gentleman on the phone said that they did not have their calendar available for that far out, but said to call back in about a week and they would be able to take the reservation. Before getting off the phone, I left a name, the specific room I was interested in, and a phone number. About a week and a half later I called back and requested the date. The gentleman remembered my earlier call and said to hold while he checked the date. When he returned to the phone I was told all ten rooms were sold out. Shocked, I said ok and hung up the phone. This room was for my wedding night and my fiancee was highly disappointed. She decided to call back and inform them what poor business they were running. She explained the situation to the gentleman who answered and he said he would check into all ten rooms being booked. After several hours and no returned phone call, she call again and was given an empty appology for the mishap. Apparently a wedding party had booked all ten rooms. My request was not honored even though The Colonial Inn asked me to call back once they could get their books in order. Customer service is obviously not a priority for the Colonial Inn.

Stayed December 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2005

Room was shabby, matress uncomfortable, poor lighting, no amenities such as hair dryer, shampoo, etc. However good downtown location. Booked the room for two nights, but checked out after one.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2004

Here is the email I sent to the Inn after my stay. It pretty much sums it up........

I stayed over at your inn last night in room #3. I must say I was disappointed with my stay. This email is probably falling on deaf ears since no one seemed to care about how my stay went when I checked out this morning. It began with me entering my room, which I was paying $130 for mind you, to find the maids hanging out. One was ironing and sitting on the bed, her child sitting in the chair watching tv and eating and the other talking and hanging out with all of their personal belongings strewn about and the bed messed up. This was my welcome. This is what I was paying $130 for? You have to be kidding me? Don't the maids know when people are checking in? Aren't there only 12 rooms or something? As they left they said they were going to hang out in room 6. I had to inform them our friends just checked in there. The rooms, structurally were actually in pretty good shape. That couldn't be said of the so called "grand period furniture". The knobs had come off of the draws to the chest and the chair was in very bad need of replacing with stains and holes in it. I know it is supposed to be period furniture but does that mean it has to be broken and stained? The tv was pretty crummy too. Also, the shower did not work. The water barely trickled out. So let's recap. The maids hanging out in my room as I enter, crappy furniture and no shower, all for $130. Wow, what a great deal! At least the breakfast was good, I'm not sure I would describe it as "gourmet" though, as it is referred to on the website. Anyway, I usually measure these types of circumstances on how well the staff resolves the problems. When I told the woman downstairs the shower was broken she just sort of huffed. I never received an apology nor was I asked how my stay was. The place is a disgrace. Fix the furniture, your staff and your attitude. The only real service we received was from the nice gentleman serving breakfast. This email will be copied to all area and national trip advisors and reviews. Ain't the internet great?? Maybe that will motivate you to fix things up, but I doubt it, since not much seemed to be in order when I got there and I'd be willing to bet I'm not the first to experience this.

Been to Leesburg Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!