“Biking the Allegheny and C and O Trail” 3 of 5 stars

Leesburg Colonial Inn
19 South King Street, Leesburg, VA 20175   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Leesburg B&B and Inns
Selah
“Biking the Allegheny and C and O Trail”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a little off trail and they offered to pick us up from Whites Ferry but we chose to ride the extra 4 miles which worked out fine. The rooms were nice with private baths but the prices really varied by room. Our friends got a great price for their room but ours was much higher. In my mind the rooms were very similar. We asked why the difference but was told that it was just how they were priced. If I stayed there again I would ask for the cheeper rooms. Breakfast was OK and was served in the restaurant, which didn't open until 10 AM which was late for us cyclists. No early coffee. Staff was very friendly and carried our bikes to the cellar to store for the night. Oh - their washer was broken so no clean towels for showers. Finally, some arrived at our room. This was an older place that needs some TLC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oregon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed because the Inn was on my way to Fairfax and I could find it easily. The other reviews I read are correct...the staff is very nice, but, they really need direction. I noticed they were hiring in all areas so maybe they were short staffed. The bed was clean. The room was old, I left early. After 10:00 p.m. no one is around and that was a bit spooky.
They did offer breakfast, but not until 10:00 a.m. when the restaurant downstairs opened. I left long before that.
Did eat in the restaurant for dinner and the food was good, but, not really worth the price. Would not suggest this as a place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Do not stay here. It is not quaint. It is not charming. It is not romantic. It is old, it is poorly run. It stinks. It is loud! It is not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Worst place ever, read the other terrible reviews and you will have the perfect picture. Only worse, it wasn't clean as some reviews suggested. My sheets were definitely dirty with hair and blood stains. Absolutely appalling. I found what appeared to be clean sheets folded in a dark alcove in the hallway and changed them myself. The matters cover had cigarette burn holes and had never been washed. No other hotels in the area with rooms or I would have left! Do not stay here, your car would be a better option!

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The staff was friendly and willing to please. The establishment is rather shabby, needs new signs, painting and decorating. The antiques did add to character of the place.Stayed one night and paid too much considering there was no breakfast, the door to dining room locked and no one around to explain. Feel we are owed the $28 we paid for breakfast down the street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed there for one night. Room was super small, cramped, but everything worked fine. The owner and staff were very friendly. The breakfast was average, but there on time and the coffee flowed freely (I went down the street for a better cup later, but the staff was trying)

It is an old fashioned, small inn and if you want a place tat has 'character' for better or worse, then this is your place. For a standard hotel try a days inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Leesburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Well I have never stayed at the colonial inn however, I do rent an apartment from the owner of the colonial inn. I tell you If I had of know what I was getting myself into I would have never thought twice and would of found some other place to rent. After reading all of the reviews for his inn. I can say I honestly believe every word they have typed. Moving into this apartment about a week or two later I found some unwanted house guests i.e (BEDBUGS) let me tell you I am not a fan of bugs let alone the nastiest ones of them all. So I had home paramount come in and and treat the problems well they did great. Accept to tell me that this apartment has a roach infestation that they can not even begin to treat. Then two weeks ago we start getting a letter that his property is going up for foreclosure. What a holiday treat I tell ya. So what I am suggesting to all of the future renters of a room at colonial in is please please please please check the beds for bed bugs they are no joke. Also the innkeeper is a joke himself he does not care about any of his properties which pretty much is downtown leesburg he just cares about the money thats coming in. Also an FYI I was just in his office to pay my rent and I noticed a estimate from an out of town pest control that stated he had roaches, mice throughout the building so just be careful. I want you all to know I am not writing this because I am angry with him, I am writing it because i have to pay 850 a month for this shack and thats a lot of money to lose. So I know its an inconvience to pay his fees for a run down room when you can go up the street and pay 125 for a room that is 10 times cleaner. I hope someone found this helpful and I feel bad and sorry for the people who had to experience the innkeeper's filthy inn. Good luck to you all.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Clarion Inn in Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center

Been to Leesburg Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!