“No Breakfast, that's not an American breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Leesburg Colonial Inn
19 South King Street, Leesburg, VA 20175   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Leesburg B&B and Inns
VA
“No Breakfast, that's not an American breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The staff was friendly and willing to please. The establishment is rather shabby, needs new signs, painting and decorating. The antiques did add to character of the place.Stayed one night and paid too much considering there was no breakfast, the door to dining room locked and no one around to explain. Feel we are owed the $28 we paid for breakfast down the street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed there for one night. Room was super small, cramped, but everything worked fine. The owner and staff were very friendly. The breakfast was average, but there on time and the coffee flowed freely (I went down the street for a better cup later, but the staff was trying)

It is an old fashioned, small inn and if you want a place tat has 'character' for better or worse, then this is your place. For a standard hotel try a days inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Leesburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Well I have never stayed at the colonial inn however, I do rent an apartment from the owner of the colonial inn. I tell you If I had of know what I was getting myself into I would have never thought twice and would of found some other place to rent. After reading all of the reviews for his inn. I can say I honestly believe every word they have typed. Moving into this apartment about a week or two later I found some unwanted house guests i.e (BEDBUGS) let me tell you I am not a fan of bugs let alone the nastiest ones of them all. So I had home paramount come in and and treat the problems well they did great. Accept to tell me that this apartment has a roach infestation that they can not even begin to treat. Then two weeks ago we start getting a letter that his property is going up for foreclosure. What a holiday treat I tell ya. So what I am suggesting to all of the future renters of a room at colonial in is please please please please check the beds for bed bugs they are no joke. Also the innkeeper is a joke himself he does not care about any of his properties which pretty much is downtown leesburg he just cares about the money thats coming in. Also an FYI I was just in his office to pay my rent and I noticed a estimate from an out of town pest control that stated he had roaches, mice throughout the building so just be careful. I want you all to know I am not writing this because I am angry with him, I am writing it because i have to pay 850 a month for this shack and thats a lot of money to lose. So I know its an inconvience to pay his fees for a run down room when you can go up the street and pay 125 for a room that is 10 times cleaner. I hope someone found this helpful and I feel bad and sorry for the people who had to experience the innkeeper's filthy inn. Good luck to you all.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This is not a high end B&B or Inn to be sure. Echoing some other posts, it's oddly situated nestled between 2 restaurants (owned by the Innkeepers) so there is no impressive historic feel when you walk in to be sure. But the room (#9, Honeymoon Suite) was clean and ample. It could use some sprucing up, curtains looked in need of repair, furnishings nothing special. We did not get the "Champagne & cheese tray" touted by the website, nor did we really miss it. The bathroom could use some shampoos and conditioners and a hair dryer for the price you pay. However, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. At one point we realized our a/c wasn't working and it was quickly tended to. The location cannot be beaten. It is in the heart of Leesburg with shops and restaurants surrounding it. We came to bike the W&OD and the trail entrance was literally blocks away. We enjoyed a refreshing brew after our ride at the outdoor cafe behind the inn. We found the breakfast delicious, however had to wait a good 20 minutes to get it due to a "mishap" in the kitchen with the first attempt. We had the "healthy" omelet made with egg whites, feta, spinach and it was one of the best I had ever had, paired with multigrain toast. So, yes, not a fancy, impressive venue, but historic to be sure (nice high ceilings) and comfortable. If you aren't expecting more you will enjoy the location and service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Right in the heart of Historic Downtown Leesburg where General Washington stayed multiple times! You can literally feel the history in this completely up to date hotel. The rooms are quite comfortable and reasonably priced as well. Perfect for that weekend getaway! In the morning have breakfast at the Georgetown Cafe which is owned by the Colonial Hotel, Then enjoy all of what Historic Leesburg has to offer!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Blairstown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I booked a room at the Leesburg Colonial Inn for a weekend that was to be a belated honeymoon and a birthday celebration. We were in town to attend a family wedding... we booked a month and a half ahead of time and were delighted by the description and website. We arrived to find NO check-in desk, no proper entrance and 3 LONG flights of stairs to treck up while we carried heavy luggage. Our room, #9, boasted as the "Honeymoon Suite", was not only pitiful, but disgusting. The rug and floors were filthy, the chairs stained beyond use, the bathroom worse than a cheap roadside motel with one single tiny (inch diamater) piece of soap. The clock was broken, the bathroom blower also broken...and the temperature of the room, despite adjusting the controls, was unbearably HOT. There was no champagne platter as promised, and the bill for two nights was to be $388.00 My husband and I checked out 2 hours after we checked in and demanded they take it off our credit card. The rooms are worthless- the entire establishment should be shut down. We have never experienced anything so hideous, misleading or ballsy..HOW DARE THEY even be in business much less advertise the way they have. I am reporting them and will do everything to get them shut down. They ruined out entire trip- and the honeymoon that we intended turned out to be a weekend from Hell searching for another place to stay. It kicked off a domino effect of terrible events, and I won't let this go until those doors are closed to the public.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Should have looked at Tripadvisor reviews PRIOR to booking! We decided to book the Honeymoon Suite because we figured the room would be nicer. What a wreck the room was. Plus we got no breakfast offering for either of the two days we stays and were given no explaination why. After our first nights stay I wanted to check out but we decided that we might as well stay there because it was located downtown. We got back to our room around 230 that afternoon and SURPRISE the room was not made up! I would be amazed if this place gets ANY repeat business. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Leesburg Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!