“WONDERFUL!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Jamaican
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great food. Cozy and Casual. Owners are great. Portions are huge and the sorbets for dessert were excellent. Has the curry chicken and the mango sorbet. Looking forward to the Brown CHicken stew next time. Will definitely revisit. Great find!

Visited March 2013

Newbury Berkshire
“Lovely plate of chicken curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I always thought the Blue Mountain Cafe was a sandwich shop, and i was delighted to discover this lovely Caribbean cafe on Kings Street in Downtown Leesburg. The food was genuine soul food and had a lovely flavor of the islands. I wasn't sure what condiments I should add to maximize my dining experience and Herman the owner came over and explained each of the sauces. I was also impressed that my vegetable medley did not come out of a frozen bag but everything was made fresh. My lunch came to around $10 and a great change from my usual choices when having to run errands downtown. i only said I wish I had smelled the curry from the sidewalk, cause I would have come in for a visit a long time ago. Everyone else dining seemed to enjoy their plates of BBQ. Good stuff, nice treat!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“A good addition to Leesburg food scene.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

There is truly no place like this in Leesburg or Loudoun County. The owners are extremely friendly and anxious to sure their authentic Jamaican food with anybody who comes into the great old building. I wish they had more variety and didn't limit their menu so that certain items are only available on certain days but I assume this may change when the volume of business picks up and they have a more steady flow of customers.

Visited October 2012
Virginia
“A Taste of the Caribbean in Downtown Leesburg!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were shopping in downtown Leesburg, and a shop owner was going on and on about a new place down the street. She mentioned that they serve a great Dark & Stormy drink, as well as spicy beef patties. As long time travelers to the caribbean we had to go.

The owners were there and they were extremely friendly! We chatted for a while and placed our order. My wife had the Beef Patty and a Red Stripe. I had the Spicy Beef Patty , Fried Plantains and a Dark & Stormy. Everything was very good. It tasted like we were back in Jamaica!

The food and drinks were delicious! Service was excellent! We will be back often.

If you're in Downtown Leesburg, give it a try. You will not be disappointed!

Link to there website: http://bluemountaincafe-bmc.com/Location.html#

• Visited November 2012