“BEST BBQ in VIRGINIA” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 168 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
“BEST BBQ in VIRGINIA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Meat is AMAZING, PERFECT and Worth every penny!! The atmosphere is casual and friendly. If you like BBQ, then this is the place to go!!

• Visited December 2012

56% Recommend
Purcellville, Virginia, United States
“Best BBQ but with one word of caution...get there early. Tonite they ran out of beef ribs one hour into Saturday nite dinner ser”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Best BBQ really doesn't seem adequate to describe the flavor symphony you'll get here. I decided to visit after reading an article about the place the paper that mentioned the chef had competed (and won) one of those tv cooking reality shows, judged by the likes of Chef Ramsey and the Iron Chef! Really!

The beef rib is something out of a Flintstone cartoon...a 10 inch long "short rib" with a hefty amount of meat (you could order 2 or 3 ribs but one probably satisfy most diners). It was fall off the bone delicious though not for someone who's calorie counting...but heck those folks wouldn't likely be hanging out here anyway! The three sauces were delicious. The mustard sauce best with the beef rib, the Carolina with the pulled pork and the sweet tangy with pretty much anything.

The sides were excellent. How can I say this...the beans were incedible but quite spicy...I found them too firey to my taste but couldn't stop eating them!

They would have gotten all fives in my review but tonite, my third visit and first dinner service was disappointing. I came for their beef rib but by 6pm they had already run out. The backup pork ribs were so fall off the bones that when they arrived they looked more like a pile of pulled pork with bones mixed in (still moist and delicious). Service was painfully slow. I had to wait 15 minutes just to get a soda refill.

I highly recommend this best anywhere BBQ but recommend going at lunch when its slower and there is a better likelihood that the kitchen is fully stocked. You'll love it!

Washington, DC
“Worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

A qualifier before my review: I was born and raised on SC bar-b-que which involves a sloppy mess of sauce on meat which is part of an all you can eat buffet for 9-12 bucks.
The ribs are excellent without sauce and it would be blasphemous to add sauce. The pulled pork was acceptable but I like mine basted in sauce. The brisket was good and had the perfect ratio of meat to fat.
The corn bread and baked beans were the real winners here and I will be more apt to buy these when I cook my own pork butt at home. The Mac and cheese was too greasy and more Mac than cheese. The sides were way too small for the price.
The service was excellent and the management was extremely personable and helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Providence, Rhode Island
“BEST I EVER HAD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Excellent serious barbecue...pulled pork sandwich --moist delicious. Great sides. Will be a staple for me in this area!

• Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Serious Q”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Introducing, The Q Company. Real. Serious. Barbeque.

This joint just opened up near us after teasing us for months on Facebook. As in yesterday they opened up. So today I just happened to find myself "in the neighborhood." and apparently early. Yes, I'm the guy putting face-shaped smudge marks on the window at 10:30am, but it's for a noble cause! At least my belly thinks so. The decor is typical roadhouse, except for the giant Texas state flag hanging and a "Chrome, Smoke, and BBQ" sign. (Paying tribute to ZZ Top?) My expectations weren't extremely high because it was only Day 2, but since I started the lunch rush, I had my choice of table and my waitress' full attention.

I ordered beef ribs (one bone) and the BBQ Sundae. The rib came "dry", but it was the juiciest beef rib I have ever had. Beef ribs, in my opinion, are greaser than pork ribs, but I like to think of it as the equivalent of putting a little butter on your steak before pulling it off the grill, which is a trick I learned from my grandfather. So to paint a picture as clearly as I can, imagine a 10oz tender steak, cooked medium rare, wrapped around a brontosaurus bone, buttered, with a crispy crust of salty, smoky seasoning that continuously pleased the palate as it melted in my mouth. At one point my brain had to override my stomach to force me to stop eating.

The BBQ Sundae was a pile of pulled smoked pork, covered with spicy baked beans and juicy cole slaw. The pork was flavored nicely and very moist, smoky and tender. The beans were smoky and spicy. The coleslaw was juicy but not overly oniony. Together they blended into a nicely balanced pile of messy goodness best served with a shovel. I could still be shoveling that in my mouth if my brain hadn't kicked in. Stupid brain. I tried the sauces, but my dishes both had so much flavor and moisture I chose not to use any. The BBQ sauce was on the sweet side, but not too sweet. I like mine with a little more spice. The honey mustard was more mustard, less honey, and very nice. And the Carolina style had some zing to it. They were all very good and I would be proud to call them my own. Speaking of zing, the potato salad was sprinkled with cayenne pepper, or something similar. So at first bite it tastes like your block party variety potato salad. But if you wait for it...you slowly feel the warmth sneak up on you. It was just to my tastes, but may be a little more spicy than some people would like. Overall, I was very impressed. This is my new favorite local BBQ joint. Give them a chance if you are in my area, but remember they have just opened and are likely to be experiencing growing pains over the next couple of months.

PS- A note from one of the owners tells me to anticipate homemade bacon as the center focus for some tasty treats.