“Worth a try” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Washington, DC
“Worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

A qualifier before my review: I was born and raised on SC bar-b-que which involves a sloppy mess of sauce on meat which is part of an all you can eat buffet for 9-12 bucks.
The ribs are excellent without sauce and it would be blasphemous to add sauce. The pulled pork was acceptable but I like mine basted in sauce. The brisket was good and had the perfect ratio of meat to fat.
The corn bread and baked beans were the real winners here and I will be more apt to buy these when I cook my own pork butt at home. The Mac and cheese was too greasy and more Mac than cheese. The sides were way too small for the price.
The service was excellent and the management was extremely personable and helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Providence, Rhode Island
“BEST I EVER HAD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Excellent serious barbecue...pulled pork sandwich --moist delicious. Great sides. Will be a staple for me in this area!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Serious Q”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Introducing, The Q Company. Real. Serious. Barbeque.

This joint just opened up near us after teasing us for months on Facebook. As in yesterday they opened up. So today I just happened to find myself "in the neighborhood." and apparently early. Yes, I'm the guy putting face-shaped smudge marks on the window at 10:30am, but it's for a noble cause! At least my belly thinks so. The decor is typical roadhouse, except for the giant Texas state flag hanging and a "Chrome, Smoke, and BBQ" sign. (Paying tribute to ZZ Top?) My expectations weren't extremely high because it was only Day 2, but since I started the lunch rush, I had my choice of table and my waitress' full attention.

I ordered beef ribs (one bone) and the BBQ Sundae. The rib came "dry", but it was the juiciest beef rib I have ever had. Beef ribs, in my opinion, are greaser than pork ribs, but I like to think of it as the equivalent of putting a little butter on your steak before pulling it off the grill, which is a trick I learned from my grandfather. So to paint a picture as clearly as I can, imagine a 10oz tender steak, cooked medium rare, wrapped around a brontosaurus bone, buttered, with a crispy crust of salty, smoky seasoning that continuously pleased the palate as it melted in my mouth. At one point my brain had to override my stomach to force me to stop eating.

The BBQ Sundae was a pile of pulled smoked pork, covered with spicy baked beans and juicy cole slaw. The pork was flavored nicely and very moist, smoky and tender. The beans were smoky and spicy. The coleslaw was juicy but not overly oniony. Together they blended into a nicely balanced pile of messy goodness best served with a shovel. I could still be shoveling that in my mouth if my brain hadn't kicked in. Stupid brain. I tried the sauces, but my dishes both had so much flavor and moisture I chose not to use any. The BBQ sauce was on the sweet side, but not too sweet. I like mine with a little more spice. The honey mustard was more mustard, less honey, and very nice. And the Carolina style had some zing to it. They were all very good and I would be proud to call them my own. Speaking of zing, the potato salad was sprinkled with cayenne pepper, or something similar. So at first bite it tastes like your block party variety potato salad. But if you wait for it...you slowly feel the warmth sneak up on you. It was just to my tastes, but may be a little more spicy than some people would like. Overall, I was very impressed. This is my new favorite local BBQ joint. Give them a chance if you are in my area, but remember they have just opened and are likely to be experiencing growing pains over the next couple of months.

PS- A note from one of the owners tells me to anticipate homemade bacon as the center focus for some tasty treats.

Washington D.C.
“Wonderful Smoked Meats!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Newly opened as of mid-September the owners of this place know how to smoke an animal! One item to get here in particular is the beef rib, it is phenomenal. Pricey for BBQ but it is worth the $14. This is the only place I have seen outside of Texas (Black's BBQ) that does a full brontosaurus beef rib. Try it!

We have tried the pulled pork (great), and beef brisket too (fantastic) and they pass the true test of great BBQ, no sauce needed. Menu is limited but our waitress has told us it will be expanding as they settle in. Sides are really good but not exactly what you would expect when ordering beans, cole slaw, potato salad, mac n cheese etc. You can tell they don't "mail in" anything, there is effort put forth in each dish. This also means there is some variability, one time beans and mac n cheese were just "meh", next time both fantastic. The corn bread is yummy!

Nicely re-done interior with bar, TV, take-out counter, mix of booths and tables. They have good brews both on-tap (Shiner!) and in bottles. Waitstaff have been great.

Downsides: Pretty much everything they serve is at least a little bit spicy, individually this is not so bad, except that it builds up on you throughout the meal. If you are really spice averse, there will not be much for you. Personally I'd like at least one side that wasn't spicy as a foil to the spice in everything else, but hey, it's not my restaurant. Parking situation will be bad once word gets out, their lot is pretty small.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
VA
“Great barbeque in Leesburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

A new restaurant has opened in the old Angeethi restaurant location next to the post office on Catoctin Circle. What a welcome addition to the Leesburg dining scene! We tried the 1/4 pound of pulled pork and the same quantity of brisket together with sides of beans and potato salad. Both the meats were delicious, juicy and very tender. The beans were excellent and the potato salad had quite a bite. Although the meats have so much flavor they do not necessarily need sauce we did try the tomato and the vinegar based sauces. Both gave an extra 'kick' to the flavor of the meats with a slight edge to the tomato based sauce. I believe that all of the meats are smoked on site which is a real plus.

The service was friendly and knowledgeable although we did have to ask for the cornd bread (which was great by the way) as it was not delivered with our order.

The prices are excellent. For all of the above plus a beer and an iced tea our bill came to less than $20.

All together a terrifc new restaurant and we will be back!

• Visited September 2012