“Nothing Special, Lacked Flavor, Came out Raw” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Nothing Special, Lacked Flavor, Came out Raw”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was my first time here and I was hesitant after reading some bad reviews. I ordered the KB Original and the parmesan herb fries. I was expecting my food to take a while since burgers are raw meat, but 5 minutes after I ordered it, the food came out and I told the hostess "that was fast". The food smelled great and I brought it home. It wasnt hot, it was just luke warm. I cut the burger in half so it would be easier to eat and it was 100% still RAW in the middle. So I microwaved it to cook it. Called the manager to explain what happened and he apologized and said my next meal would be taken care of by him. He was very nice and I appreciated that. I ate the burger, it was sloppily put together and just "ehh". Nothing flavor wise special about it, it was very plain. I will go back but I hope its alot better than this time was! The fries were very good though! But really....$6.50 for just a burger?! Over priced!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Very, Very Good Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I arrived 15 minutes before lunch time on a Sunday, and the place was practically empty, so I was waited on immediately. 20 minutes later there was a line of ten waiting to order.

I ordered a Classic Burger. I did not ask for any special toppings. When it arrived at my table, it came topped with cheese, pickle, mustard, lettace, tomato, some kind of sauce, and who knows what else. I really didn't pay much attention until I took my first byte.

Wow! That was good! Good to the last byte. Nicely cooked, without any melted fat dripping from it. Much better than BurgerFi. Only been here once, but will be back soon to try something else on the menu.

Cost of burger: $6.50

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

By far the best burger place in Leesburg, hidden at the end of the mall, excellent service and amazing fresh food, I had the KS Burger, spicy and juice. Will be back for more. They actually make the buns right there and the fries are amazing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lansdowne
“Kraze”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

expensive boring hamburgers - go to five guys instead. The prices are better and the burgers are better too.

Visited April 2013
Bluemont, Virginia
“Best French Fries!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Overall not a bad burger place. There were some highlights and some lowlights.

First the highlights; 1) Service is excellent. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant. The restaurant manager walked around to see how everyone was enjoying their meal (nice touch). 2) The French fries are amazing. Probably the best of all the burger places in Loudoun County – wow, they were good! 3) Excellent salads. My friend had the Cajun Chicken Salad and she said the chicken was outstanding and the salad was delish. 4) Burger was good, right size, not too big, and not too small. Had good charred taste. 5) The menu is great, lots of choices (more than just burgers).

The lowlights; 1) Low quality ketchup. Not sure what kind of ketchup they use but it is definitely not Heinz. It had a funny aftertaste. French fries this good need better quality ketchup. 2) Dry hamburger buns. They make their own buns at Kraze, which I commend them for, but they are dry and flavorless. 3) They don’t sell beer or wine.
In general, not a bad burger place, but you may want to bring your own ketchup packets.

• Visited May 2013