“Average Bar” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Leesburg, Virginia
“Average Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Greene Turtle is a more restaurant than sports bar, which is ok. Very family friendly. Nothing truly exceptional, but it has decent food.

Visited March 2013

Aurora, Illinois
“Average sports bar- don't bother coming out of your shell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were visiting friends in Leesburg who took us here for late evening dinner. Nothing extra ordinary about this place nor was I expecting it to be. It was your average sports bar and grille.

It was pretty empty when we arrived and we got seated immediately. Service was decent for the most part. Menu was your average menu for a place like this-prices were a bit on the above average side.

We ordered the loaded waffle fries which were heavenly especially with some beer. For dinner, I ordered their Eastern Shore Mac and Cheese. It was creamy and made me very thirsty. It was ok, nothing great. I should have stuck with a sandwich or burger but wantedt to try this to be different.

My husband tried the margherita flatbread pizza which he liked but was disappointed that they didn't have crushed red pepper.

For dessert we ordered monkey bread which came with ice cream and Heath bar crushed up. It was a little chewy and dry. It was bit odd seeing that on a dessert menu and would definitley advise everyone to skip it.

My friends ordered the brownie sundae which looked good.

I was annoyed with the ridiculous amounts of TVs in the restaurant and was further annoyed that they didn't just let the games air without sound and crank up some music instead. Nobody needs to really hear the TV when they are out in a restaurant like that otherwise what's the point of dining out with friends when you can just sit at home and watch the game. They had a jukebox but it didn't work.

Overall, it was a pretty average place, could have gone somewhere else but it was nice to be somewhere different other than a TGI Friday's. At least it gave me a chance to write another review here :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Weston, Florida
“Overprice for tasteless food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I ordered bacon cheeseburger flat bread pizza, Maryland crab soup and Caesar salad. The pizza picture on the menu looks very good, but we were really disappointed when I got ours. It was plain, looks like a macaroni cheese pizza with burn bacon. I shared the pizza with my husband and he didn't like it either. The crab soup was okay but not great. The salad was plain and too much Parmesan cheese. I expected a lot more since we spent about $60 for three people.

Visited October 2012
Virginia
“kids eat free here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

casual atmosphere. lots of tv's. did i mention kids eat free (1 per paying adult)? They have good selection of beers on tap. Like the flatbread pizzas. And some good sandwiches as well.

Visited September 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Going down hill...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

When this restaurant opened up 3 years ago I found the food and service to be top notch. In the past 12 months there has been turnover in management as well the menu as changed for the worse. The new menu and the quality of the food is below par. The fish taco's are horrible. Who put's lettuce on fish taco's? The boneless chicken wings have more breading than chicken. Overall the quality of your food has gone down hill and it will be within time that you could see their customers going somewhere else for better food and value for their money. I sent my concerns to the management folks of Greene Turtle a couple of weeks ago and I have not heard back.

Visited August 2012