“Come for the beer, stay for the food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 169 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MacDowell-Brew-Kitchen/165330130205892
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Come for the beer, stay for the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I came here because I had heard good things about it. The service was a bit slow but they were packed full, so it wasn't unreasonable. The outdoor seating was full, so we had to sit inside -- we will definitely go back with friends and try to get a table outside.

We both chose from their long beer list and shared the moz sticks. My husband had cordon bleu and I had a panini with salad. Mine was just okay, pretty skimpy on the filling, but the chicken was a good size. The prices were fair by any standards, but great for Leesburg. We will return, but I'll get something else on the menu.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

51% Recommend
Herndon, Virginia, United States
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been there several times and think MacDowell's is doing it right. They don't try to be trendy, they don't offer food that doesn't make sense at a place with a two-sided beer list. The staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is great. And I think the food is a great compliment to the beer list. I live 2 miles from Lost Rhino in Ashburn, but I'll happily drive 30 minutes to go to MacDowell's. If you want a place that has a warm feel to it, great beers and good food, then head to MacDowell's.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waterford, Virginia, United States
“Great beer, bar food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Beer selections rock!, but wouldn't recommend eating here. There is very limited seating and there are better places in the area for bar food.

Visited March 2013
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'll be honest, I didn't have high expectations for this place. My family and I drove to the Tuscarora Mill to eat and felt like we were dressed too casual. The MacDowell Brew Kitchen was the first place we saw when we walked around to find something else. The set up of the restaurant is a little strange. However the food was really good. I got the sliders - chicken and pork bbq. The fries were great with a garlic seasoning. Everything came out quickly and my family liked their meal as well. I'd probably come back here for drinks and light food but not for dinner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Brews are great, food is varied and good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Specialty soups, sandwhiches, burgers, salads and things you won't find many places: Deep Fried Oreos, Frickles (deep fried pickles) and their own beer plus other brands. This place is small, but the atmosphere is great, the staff is super friendly (Great service Teague!) and we will be back!

Visited February 2013