“YUM - reasonable price for nice combo lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 171 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Thai
Arlington, Virginia
“YUM - reasonable price for nice combo lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been twice. The first time they were very accommodating to our large group which stayed a long time. However, the restaurant was not busy, our servers were fine, and we tipped well. Everyone enjoyed their food including the mango and sticky rice desserts. The second time it was just two of us. They have a luncheon combo special which allows you to get two dishes with rice for a very reasonable price. The meat and seafood combo is $3 more than the veggie combo, but they are both excellent. This way two people get to share four different dishes – YUM! I like that they offer brown rice for an additional $1 charge. For my taste, brown rice nicely complements the vegetable dishes, while white rice goes better with chicken, pork, beef, and fish. This restaurant has lovely décor as well and parking was not an issue. Burapa Thai is in my top 5 Thai restaurants and I’ve tried quite a few. Very close to five bubbles IMO.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Disappointed for more than one reason. Portion size, mix of tofu to veggies and shorted order. We love Thai and, depending on what errand we are on, frequent Thai by Thai in Sterling or Aiyara in Leesburg. We usually get the vegetarian Kaprow and Asian Ginger wherever we are. My wife was in Lansdowne so thought she would try take-out from Burapa to give them a try. She ordered our regular plus two brown rice for a one dollar up charge. When we opened things up at home we found no brown rice even though we were charged for it. The white rice was in containers about half the size of the other two restaurants we frequent. The meals themselves were pretty much just tofu stir fried in a sauce. The Asian Ginger menu says that it is with onions, scallions, mushroom and fresh ginger. If there was one whole mushroom and one whole scallion I would be surprised. The Kaprow was supposed to be with chili, garlic and basil leaves. I found one basil leaf, no garlic and part of a chili. The flavors were fine but 95 percent tofu for dinner is not very tasty.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This restaurant is cute and quaint. The food is AWESOME!!!!!! It does not matter what you order. The balance of flavors are perfect for authentic Thai lovers and for those with Americanized palettes. All you have to do is ask. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“"John Hot!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've been to Thailand so I am a bit picky over my Thai food, Burapa's delivers to authentic seekers as well as an "Americanized" palette by customizing each dish to the level of spice and "heat" the customer desires. Perfect for the wide ranges of preferences in our family! We are loyal customers that have come here for over a year. Favorites are the Cashew Chicken, Drunken Noodles, Pad Thai and Lad Na ... have tried all the soups and most of the appetizers ... none disappoint. I do recommend dining-in since the place is clean, service is friendly and prompt; also because when we've gotten carry-out the portions are inconsistent. Love the food and the service, however, the prices are high compared to other Thai restaurants, otherwise we would be here more! Dine-in, bring $$, relax and enjoy a wonderful meal.

• Visited March 2013