“Very, very good - but crowded” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 192 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:n5ueLyAP8Z8J:meltgourmetcheeseburgerscom.websitecreatorpropreview2459.com/Products-and-Services/+melt+gourmet+cheeseburgers,+leesburg+va&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Very, very good - but crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The burgers are very very good. Great taste and texture. The portions are large and a bit overwhelming. The décor is fine.
But ... avoid the busy lunch and dinner hours because it is very crowded and the wait can be 30 minutes. Select a late lunch or early evening dinner to avoid the crowd.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank LucyRK

Washington, DC
“Delicious burgers, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Absolutely delicious gourmet burgers made to order with a variety of unique toppings. I had a hard time choosing. The line was long and the grill was way backed up. I stood and watched them make everything over the counter and I'm surprised anyone got their food. All the orders were hand written and practically illegible. They're great if you don't mind the wait.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Leesburg, Virginia
“Delicious juicy burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Like every American, I love a good cheeseburger. When I heard about Melt, my husband and I had to go try it out to see if it was as good as all the hype said (and worth all the calories!). We were very very happy to find out that all the hype was correct...this place is amazing. We have been back a couple times since and every time, it is delicious. I just get the normal cheeseburger and my husband usually gets the bacon cheeseburger. It is the tallest burger I have ever seen, they do NOT skimp on the toppings at this place. The beef itself is so delicious and tender and is cooked just the way you want it. The special sauce is sooooo tasty, I usually get it on the side so I can ensure every bite has the perfect amount. What is great about this place is it has so many options for different types of burgers....you don't even have to get beef, you can get fish, lamb, crab, veggie...with a ton of different toppings. If you are a burger lover like me though, stick with the classics, it will not disappoint!!

One down fall...it is busy. ALL the time. You always have to wait for a seat pretty much as there are not very many tables. Also, the line to get a burger is usually pretty long too. Can't fault the restaurant for this though, they can't help it they are so popular!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Leesburg, Virginia
“overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I love burgers, but MELT left me wanting more. The burgers were just so-so and it was crazy expensive. If I'm going to spend $10 on 1 burger (not even including a side or drink) than it had better be great and, sadly, MELT fell short. I went several times and always felt the same way: disappointed.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sarah D
McLean, Virginia
“Didn't realize that I ordered Charcoal Burgers! Not family friendly!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I heard a lot of great reviews about this place so I decided to get some carry out from this place one day. This is a terrible location for a restaurant. I saw a couple people walk in and then walk back out because of the line and no seating. The seating area was very small and tight. It took about 30-35 minutes in and out of this place for a carry out order. The portions are huge and prices are high. The only one positive to this place is their unique menu, but I'm not sure why so many people like burnt burgers! I ordered one burger medium and the other one well done. The medium burger was burnt all around the edges and the well done was a piece of charcoal. I had to cut and pick off as much of the burnt burger as I could. You could just eat this burger and feel the cancer forming in your body. I will not be back.

• Visited April 2013