“The friendliest receptionist in the USA” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   117 Fort Evans Road NE, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Nuneaton
“The friendliest receptionist in the USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for two weeks with my wife and baby daughter. The hotel was great and we would certainly stay again.

The rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel as a whole was very well maintained. A few reviews have commented on the area: Okay it is not the prettiest but for the price you pay I wouldn't expect glorious views. The main thing was that the area felt safe.

The hotel's real asset, however, is the staff. They were all friendly, courteous and helpful and the manager was always visible and available. As this was my daughter's first foreign trip we were concerned how she would settle. However, the main receptionist at the hotel really made her feel at home. She was warmly greeted every morning by Lorita and clearly loved the attention that she recieved. As a parent they way to win me over is through my daughter; the Hampton Inn certainly did this.

This is a gem of a hotel and as with most Hampton Inns is excellent value for money.

• Liked — The warm welcome
  • Disliked — No outdoor pool
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ada, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

Stayed in the "Burbs" of Washington, DC while doing business in the City. Leesburg is a very historical area and the Hampton Inn was a logical choice. Hotel was a newer Hampton with the usual accommodations. Location can be a challenge. Neighborhood wasn't the best. Hotel overlooked highway and outlet mall on one side. Closest food was a block away and I would suggest driving. Breakfast was normal Hampton fare. Hotel is about 45 minutes from closest Metro Station into DC and if using Metro, give yourself another half hour to find a parking spot in the morning. Staff was very friendly and efficient.

• Liked — Location was outside busy DC area but close enough.
  • Disliked — Had to ask twice for towels for two guests.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northville, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2007

When a college friend got married in January, a group of us flew into Dulles and stayed here for the weekend. It was very attractively priced and furnished as well. We were upgraded to a suite on the first floor, which may not have been such a good choice for the weekend we chose. NoVa was experiencing high winds that weekend and our room had floor to ceiling windows which provided quite a breeze on the floor - I never did figure out if there was actually air coming in around the air unit or not.

The front desk was gracious enough to quickly provide extra pillows at 2 the first morning when we returned to our room and an extra down blanket the next evening.

The breakfast was different both mornings and coffee/hot tea/hot chocolate was ALWAYS available. (Nice touch on such a cold weekend.)

The property was very conveniently located to the outlet mall. The property can be hard to located (which is common in a city packed with so many buildings) the sign that is visible from the street upon approach is so small and close the ground and you must be familar with the hotel icon or you'll pass it before you know it. I highly suggest a google map before arrival or you'll be frustrated beyond belief as going anywhere "quickly" in this area is impossible (unless it's between 3 & 4 a.m.).

For a comfortable and enjoyable retreat - try it!

• Liked — Newness
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

I've stayed in dozens of chain hotels, including other Hampton Inns. This, by far, is the
best I've ever experienced for a moderately priced hotel. The service - from the desk clerks, to managers, to cleaning staff - were exceedingly nice and seemed genuinely concerned that everything was just right. Every was just right. From the fresh (still warm!) cookies waiting near the desk when we checked in, to the room - very clean, comfortable, and sizable, to the breakfast. Easily the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had at a chain hotel - nice selection, pretty good food, and attentive staff. Great experience, far exceeding my expectations for this price!

• Stayed May 2006
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

Though this is part of a major chain, the friendly, helpful and efficient attitude of the staff lift it into a category of its own. It is a good example of how motivated and professional staff can add value and character to what might otherwise be a run-of-the-mill, though high-quality, chain hotel. The rooms are well furnished, clean and comfortable, and the breakfast provision is excellent. The small library at the restaurant is a nice touch. We arrived without a prior booking and needed two nights, but there was a room available for one night only. The manager explained the situation but indicated that he would do his best for us to get the second night should any other bookings get cancelled - as indeed happened. We were kept fully approasied of the situationa and were made to feel that our problem was one that had been taken over by the hotel, and that a solution would be founnd. The manager's openess, and his wilingness to help in any way won us over and made this hotel somewhere we would be very glad to stay again. Tourists should be advised that one of the big plusses of this hotel is its proximity to a quite enormous shopping mall composed of factory ourtlets. This is directly across the freeway (though necessitatng some convoluted driving to reach it) and is well worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2005
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2005

We spent one night at the Hampton Inn, Leesburg.

All went well after we found it..... that area is a little confused and we ended up on the wrong side of the freeway at first.

We were upgraded to a suite on the first floor, and it was very nice. Fridge, mircrowave, sink.

Complimentary high speed internet access was a nice perk.

The only complaint about the room was the bathroom had a slight sour odor, kind of like when a dish towel gets wet and doesn't dry. It was not unbearable, just unexpected because everything was obviously clean.

The continental breakfast was very nice. Hot items (sausage, waffles, french toast sticks) as well as typical cold items.

THe lobby and breakfast dining area are very nice. Lots of room, a TV, and complimentary US Todays.

The jacuzzi is on the small side and the jets are aimed at your legs, not neck and back like I would have preferred.

The pool was clean and a very refreshing temperature. THe room does get loud when there are children in it, kind of echoes. So don't go with the idea of relaxing in the jacuzzi like I did..... I had a kid talking my ear off while I was trying to unwind.

A nice place to stay, worth the money, and yes, it is close to the outlet mall!!!

• Stayed July 2005
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2005

I only stayed at the Hampton Inn Leesburg for less than 12 hours, but in that time I was very impressed. Both the lobby and room were very nicely decorated. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom spacious. The breakfast buffett was nothing special, but it's free and more than adequate. The only negative is that the hotel is, in my opinion, difficult to find. I arrived at night and it took some time to locate it after I was already in Leesburg. What impressed me the most though is after I finished checking in, and I WAS in a very grumpy mood at that point, the front desk clerk hands me a feather pillow which I normally request. Not once in all of my travels has it ever happened that way. Normally I have to call down to the front desk to ask where the pillow is; and am usually told there aren't any. So that act definately won me over.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!