“Outstandingly Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
England
“Outstandingly Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

Though this is part of a major chain, the friendly, helpful and efficient attitude of the staff lift it into a category of its own. It is a good example of how motivated and professional staff can add value and character to what might otherwise be a run-of-the-mill, though high-quality, chain hotel. The rooms are well furnished, clean and comfortable, and the breakfast provision is excellent. The small library at the restaurant is a nice touch. We arrived without a prior booking and needed two nights, but there was a room available for one night only. The manager explained the situation but indicated that he would do his best for us to get the second night should any other bookings get cancelled - as indeed happened. We were kept fully approasied of the situationa and were made to feel that our problem was one that had been taken over by the hotel, and that a solution would be founnd. The manager's openess, and his wilingness to help in any way won us over and made this hotel somewhere we would be very glad to stay again. Tourists should be advised that one of the big plusses of this hotel is its proximity to a quite enormous shopping mall composed of factory ourtlets. This is directly across the freeway (though necessitatng some convoluted driving to reach it) and is well worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2005

We spent one night at the Hampton Inn, Leesburg.

All went well after we found it..... that area is a little confused and we ended up on the wrong side of the freeway at first.

We were upgraded to a suite on the first floor, and it was very nice. Fridge, mircrowave, sink.

Complimentary high speed internet access was a nice perk.

The only complaint about the room was the bathroom had a slight sour odor, kind of like when a dish towel gets wet and doesn't dry. It was not unbearable, just unexpected because everything was obviously clean.

The continental breakfast was very nice. Hot items (sausage, waffles, french toast sticks) as well as typical cold items.

THe lobby and breakfast dining area are very nice. Lots of room, a TV, and complimentary US Todays.

The jacuzzi is on the small side and the jets are aimed at your legs, not neck and back like I would have preferred.

The pool was clean and a very refreshing temperature. THe room does get loud when there are children in it, kind of echoes. So don't go with the idea of relaxing in the jacuzzi like I did..... I had a kid talking my ear off while I was trying to unwind.

A nice place to stay, worth the money, and yes, it is close to the outlet mall!!!

• Stayed July 2005
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2005

I only stayed at the Hampton Inn Leesburg for less than 12 hours, but in that time I was very impressed. Both the lobby and room were very nicely decorated. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom spacious. The breakfast buffett was nothing special, but it's free and more than adequate. The only negative is that the hotel is, in my opinion, difficult to find. I arrived at night and it took some time to locate it after I was already in Leesburg. What impressed me the most though is after I finished checking in, and I WAS in a very grumpy mood at that point, the front desk clerk hands me a feather pillow which I normally request. Not once in all of my travels has it ever happened that way. Normally I have to call down to the front desk to ask where the pillow is; and am usually told there aren't any. So that act definately won me over.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2004

I was stranded in the area due to flight cancellations as a result of California wildfires in October, 2003. I had checked out of my original hotel, and was having a hard time getting a new room with so many people stranded. It had been a difficult trip, and I really just wanted to go home.

Long story shorter, I called the new Hampton Inn in Leesburg and got a sympathetic ear and a lovely room! When I arrived to check in, I found that the manager had upgraded my room and left a welcoming gift basket and note in my (now) suite. It made me smile on a very bad day.

This Inn is new, very clean, rooms are large and comfortable. Decor was beautiful. Breakfast buffet was varied and tasty, served in the elegant common Great Room. I only stayed one night, but I was impressed enough that I am returning for a longer stay when I visit family again. As for my original hotel for this trip? Well, I have a new favorite!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2003

The Hampton Inn in Leesburg turned our frustrating time during Hurricane Isabel's visit last weekend into a pleasant and surprising mini-vacation. We had to stay in a hotel since there was neither electricity nor water at our house, due to the storm. After a few stops at various hotels in the area, we were so happy to find the Hampton Inn! It's new, clean, modern, and beautifully designed. Our room (handicap accessible) was very spacious, and even had high speed internet access and cable TV (including HBO). We loved the spotless and roomy bathroom with beautiful ceramic floor tiles. Our stay came with a complimentary continental breakfast served in the cozy dining room/lounge near the lobby. If you are planning to visit Leesburg and would like to stay at a lovely comfortable hotel that doesn't burn a hole in your wallet, we happily recommend The Hampton Inn! At $89 a night, it was definitely a bargain! Oh, and before I forget, the Housekeeping Staff was very kind, friendly, and accommodating! And last but not least, for the shop-til-you-droppers out there, the Inn is just a skip and a hop to the Leesburg Outlet!!

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!