“Overall excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
State Line, United States
“Overall excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Everything was excellent except an internal noise that sounded like a compressor or something in the walls that started every 2-3 minutes, ran for 2-3 minutes, and stopped. Very annoying - especially if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I were married in November 2013, and used Hampton Inn for all of our out of town guests, as well as the wedding party. As an earlier reviewer put it, I could not get any helpful information from any other hotel in the area, or even get to talk to someone. Misuk Thompson was an angel sent down from above in terms of helping me set everything up and keeping me posted on a weekly basis. She went above and beyond her duty to help us, as we needed to go to the airport on Sunday morning at 6:15 am, so she arranged for the shuttle to take us for free even though it did not normally run at that time. The staff at the hotel were great helping everyone get checked in early and handing out or welcome bags. I told the staff that we might have some late night guests partying after the reception, and the night staff told me no problem, but to have them come down and party in the reception area so there would be less chance of disturbing other guests. I can not comment on the rooms and other amenities as much, but I can certainly recommend this hotel for wedding or planning an event for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Furnishings are very banged up and worn. Hotel lobby had no heat on one of the coldest weekends on record. Had to ask twice to have our room cleaned after being gone all day and service not provided until 7pm. Breakfast may have been ok if it had not been so cold in the dinning area, but food was cold as soon as you put it on your plate. Requested adjoining rooms as we were traveling with my elderly mother in law which was not provided. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Leesburg, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Nice staff, clean hotel for the most part. Rooms smelled of cleaning products (really bad smell) Main issue was there was NO hot water, nothing was said by the staff, did not find out until going to wash up and shower. Staff should have notified the guests and offered to assist with other arrangements. how can a hotel not have HOT water and not tell the guests

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel after a wedding reception. Many other wedding guests stayed here also and we enjoyed breakfast and visiting together the next morning in one of the meeting rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. The king suite was large and had a nice mini-kitchen/bar area. The room and bathroom were very clean. The breakfast area was in need of restocking but the hotel seemed to be bursting at the seams. :-) I recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Henry, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was a great stay, however, I was planning on spending time with my 5 year old grand daughter in the pool area, which could not be done, because it was way to cold. I couldn't stay in at all, and she was in there for about 7 minutes, and needed a hot shower to warm up.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We recently used the Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg for our wedding. The hotel staff were super friendly and helpful, getting everyone checked in (early, late, whatever they needed) and passing out the welcome bags my husband and I put together (Thank you so much, Misuk Thompson!!!). Setting up the room block was a very easy process and Misuk kept us abreast of the status every couple weeks. I couldn't get the majority of the surrounding hotels to even call us back regarding setting up a room block for our wedding, which was VERY frustrating!!! I can't say the rooms were exceptional...my suite had a very distasteful smell the whole stay in the bathroom (old pipes?!), but I didn't want to switch rooms as I knew the hotel was fully booked and I needed the space for my bridesmaids and I to get ready in the next morning. The continental breakfast was good =) Many choices so you could find at least something you wanted to eat!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!