“Noisy Heating/Air Conditioning - Rm 427” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points on Weekends
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Noisy Heating/Air Conditioning - Rm 427”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The first thing I do when I check in is turn on the television out of habit. The volume on the television was up so loud I literally jumped. I turned it on I could not imagine why someone would have the volume that loud. I will get to the reason shortly.

I like Hilton Honors which is why I like staying at their different family of hotels. This time I stayed at Hampton Inns a king size room which was suppose to be equip with mini refrigerator and microwave as stated on their website. However, this room had neither when I arrived, so I called the front desk to ask. Both items were sent up immediately, beat up as they were, but I was provided a refrigerator and microwave.

The bed was very comfortable however, the old fashion heating/air condition system made a noise that sound like someone was knocking on the door. So imagine how often I was startled out of a good sleep thinking someone was at my door. Yes, the television was up loud in order to drown out the noise of the heating/air conditioner.

The hotel staff was very helpful and pleasant which made my stay joyful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Matt U, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First I would like to say I’m so sorry you experienced some noise with your heating unit during your stay. Also that the television startled you when you turned it on. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn't experience that. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you've ever had. I am glad to hear that the staff was able to make your stay enjoyable, and I know that we all would be excited to have you stay with us again.

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Complimentary breakfast was great. Lots of choices and plenty of it. The hotel is located in the middle of everything. Easy to get to anywhere you need to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
chandler, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Fair prices for a comfortable, clean and attractive stay. My bed was very comfortable and clean. A hearty breakfast was always available and fresh fruit coffee and hot water served throughout the day. Attractive surroundings. Free internet and remarkable staff. I stayed ten days and the consistency of the quality of their attention to me helped me at a difficult time.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Staff was welcoming and ready for us even with a late arrival.
Room was updated and the linens were wonderful.
We travel a great deal and it was so nice just to have it all well done rather than putting up with "make-do".

Warwick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We want to thank the front desk staff at the Leesburg VA Hampton Inn for finding two rooms next to each other for us last-minute when we had to call from the highway on a long trip due to dense fog. The young man at the desk went over and above, cheerfully guiding us over the cell phone with directions and information. We carry a Hampton Inn directory in the car for emergency stays as we like this hotel chain.
There were first-floor hallway renovations being done and the workers even helped us move our many bags past their equipment, so it was no bother to us. The very large rooms were very quiet and peaceful. We had the best night's sleep on great soft beds during a long trip in multiple hotels. The king room had a nice seating area and the two queen bed room next-door had a very large desk. The bathrooms were great, large sink counter and upscale tiled floor.

We were glad the hotel had a small laundry room. We needed to do laundry due to the storm delaying our trip, so the only downside was the one working dryer taking hours to dry clothing the night of arrival and in the morning, we tried again to dry some clothes to wear. Upon check-out, the young lady at the desk came out to our car to hand us a coffee gift card as an apology for the slow dryer delaying our morning departure. Great customer service all around.
We will stay here again. We had never been here before, yet easily found many stores and restaurants right near hotel, as it is right off the Highways 15 & 7, yet a quiet set-back location, behind another Hilton property. Great internet service and good breakfast choices.

North Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding, and the accommodations were fairly priced ($89/ night for a weekend in November). I was very comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast was typical free breakfast- both hot and cold items to choose from...nothing spectacular but it's FREE.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at his Hampton Inn recently while in Leesburg/Middleburg recently on a photo shoot and can recommend this hotel to you.

It is right off the Rt 15 bypass and Rt. 7, very easy to get to and see from the road.
(Right behind Homewood Suites too)

It is being renovated so be sure to ask for a room down the hall towards Room 131 which is away from the renovation work and noise.

They offer their standard complimentary breakfast which was good in a large room with plenty of tables and seating.

Front desk service was excellent and friendly (I talked to Kate).

So what about these CC cookies? Wow, I came back in the afternoon from my phone shoot and a pile of warm, soft, yummy CC cookies were on the reception desk (complimentary) just waiting to be consumed. There were oh so good.

This was a nice, well located Hampton Inn which I can recommend to you.

P.S. Oh, the AARP rate was only $107 - not too bad either, huh?!

Room Tip: Ask for a room down the first floor away from the renovation.