“Comfy and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Comfy and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding, and the accommodations were fairly priced ($89/ night for a weekend in November). I was very comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast was typical free breakfast- both hot and cold items to choose from...nothing spectacular but it's FREE.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lancaster, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at his Hampton Inn recently while in Leesburg/Middleburg recently on a photo shoot and can recommend this hotel to you.

It is right off the Rt 15 bypass and Rt. 7, very easy to get to and see from the road.
(Right behind Homewood Suites too)

It is being renovated so be sure to ask for a room down the hall towards Room 131 which is away from the renovation work and noise.

They offer their standard complimentary breakfast which was good in a large room with plenty of tables and seating.

Front desk service was excellent and friendly (I talked to Kate).

So what about these CC cookies? Wow, I came back in the afternoon from my phone shoot and a pile of warm, soft, yummy CC cookies were on the reception desk (complimentary) just waiting to be consumed. There were oh so good.

This was a nice, well located Hampton Inn which I can recommend to you.

P.S. Oh, the AARP rate was only $107 - not too bad either, huh?!

Room Tip: Ask for a room down the first floor away from the renovation.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Basic Hampton amenities, we almost always use Hamptons when we travel, this was nice as expected. We were in town for two nights for a wedding. A block of rooms was reserved, but I know that the wedding planners had some issues. A very nice breakfast buffet was arranged for wedding guests for the morning after, hosted by the bride's parents, and that was all lovely. Our issue was with the shuttle. We had been told that there was a free shuttle to the airport, and all we had to do was request it. I even called twice before we arrived to verify that, and how that was all to work. We flew into Dulles on a Thursday afternoon, and all went according to plan, although it did take a while for the shuttle to arrive after we called. We had an early flight out on Saturday morning and I was trying to arrange the shuttle at the desk, when we were informed that the shuttle did not run until 10 am on weekends. First mention of that! That was too late for us, so we ended up with an unexpected $40 cab ride to the airport. I was disappointed that in several communications, we were never informed of that. If there are specific hours, and people are talking to you about the shuttle, the hours should be disclosed up front. I considered that to be terrible customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hampton Suites is part of the Hilton hotel chain. I have stayed at numerous Hamptons throughout the U.S. Hampton Suites offers standard single rooms or for an extra $10 per night you can upgrade to a suite with a large king bed, pull out sofa bed, small refrigerator and microwave oven. The suite is one larger room compared to a smaller standard room.

Hampton’s always provide a basic complimentary breakfast, which includes coffee, juice, yogurt, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs, some egg special of the day with some sausage or bacon and make your own waffles.

Hampton’s are basic clean hotels. This one was no different. The view from my room was of the highway. I heard the adjacent Homewood Suites was a much better hotel, with much larger rooms and a full kitchen.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

With the most recent storm to hit our region (Hurricane Sandy), my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel when we lost power to our home. The rates were very fare, especially with booking short notice. The staff was friendly upon arrival, and understood our situation with losing power at our home. They allowed us to hold our room for the next night and said that as long as we told them by 6:00 the next evening we would not be charged.

The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. It appears to have been updated within the past several years (flat screen television etc…).

Breakfast was great. They had a good assortment of juices, cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurt etc…
If our power ever goes out again, we know where we will be staying.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Being that we were going to be here for three nights, I booked a suite, which turned out to be ideal when one day was a total washout....having the extra space eliminated the claustrophobic effects of being confined to a small room on a day with constant rain. Staff service was exceptional at every turn, and the breakfasts were enhanced by the graciousness of the surroundings-we especially liked the fireplace/entertainment center arrangement, and may have to incorporate that concept into our next home!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I was checked into a room that was unclean, smelled foul(including reeking of cigarette smoke even though it was a nonsmoking room). After complaining to the staff, the unprofessional front desk clerk refused to provide any assistance, became defensive, and blamed the customer. Thereafter the room was never cleaned during the two night stay. No alternative accommodations were provided even though promised. The entire hotel is below par and inconsistent with the image I am sure Hilton wants to present with this brand. I will never stay at this hotel again and will be reluctant to stay at another Hilton hotel unless I receive assurance that my experience is atypical and appropriate steps are taken to address this truly awful experience. I am traveling with a four year old, which made the whole experience especially harrowing. Do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2012
Matt U, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

First thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. But I do appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. Second, I would like to apologize for the condition of the room. I understand the freshness of the room and the manner in which this situation was addressed were of concern. Finally, I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will be sure that both of these issues are resolved with our housekeeping and front desk staff. Situations such as this are not typical of our hotel and we would love to show you our improvements should you return to the area again. Thank you for your review.

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!