“Basic Hampton Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
New Jersey
“Basic Hampton Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hampton Suites is part of the Hilton hotel chain. I have stayed at numerous Hamptons throughout the U.S. Hampton Suites offers standard single rooms or for an extra $10 per night you can upgrade to a suite with a large king bed, pull out sofa bed, small refrigerator and microwave oven. The suite is one larger room compared to a smaller standard room.

Hampton’s always provide a basic complimentary breakfast, which includes coffee, juice, yogurt, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs, some egg special of the day with some sausage or bacon and make your own waffles.

Hampton’s are basic clean hotels. This one was no different. The view from my room was of the highway. I heard the adjacent Homewood Suites was a much better hotel, with much larger rooms and a full kitchen.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tony J

Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

With the most recent storm to hit our region (Hurricane Sandy), my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel when we lost power to our home. The rates were very fare, especially with booking short notice. The staff was friendly upon arrival, and understood our situation with losing power at our home. They allowed us to hold our room for the next night and said that as long as we told them by 6:00 the next evening we would not be charged.

The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. It appears to have been updated within the past several years (flat screen television etc…).

Breakfast was great. They had a good assortment of juices, cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurt etc…
If our power ever goes out again, we know where we will be staying.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank johnnyex
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Being that we were going to be here for three nights, I booked a suite, which turned out to be ideal when one day was a total washout....having the extra space eliminated the claustrophobic effects of being confined to a small room on a day with constant rain. Staff service was exceptional at every turn, and the breakfasts were enhanced by the graciousness of the surroundings-we especially liked the fireplace/entertainment center arrangement, and may have to incorporate that concept into our next home!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClearWater62
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was checked into a room that was unclean, smelled foul(including reeking of cigarette smoke even though it was a nonsmoking room). After complaining to the staff, the unprofessional front desk clerk refused to provide any assistance, became defensive, and blamed the customer. Thereafter the room was never cleaned during the two night stay. No alternative accommodations were provided even though promised. The entire hotel is below par and inconsistent with the image I am sure Hilton wants to present with this brand. I will never stay at this hotel again and will be reluctant to stay at another Hilton hotel unless I receive assurance that my experience is atypical and appropriate steps are taken to address this truly awful experience. I am traveling with a four year old, which made the whole experience especially harrowing. Do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Atlantatra
Matt U, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

First thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. But I do appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. Second, I would like to apologize for the condition of the room. I understand the freshness of the room and the manner in which this situation was addressed were of concern. Finally, I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will be sure that both of these issues are resolved with our housekeeping and front desk staff. Situations such as this are not typical of our hotel and we would love to show you our improvements should you return to the area again. Thank you for your review.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 1 night only this week because we were flying out of Dulles but planned to do a good bit of shopping at Leesburg Corner. We drove from Pgh, PA to VA and were a bit tired, we arrived about 5pm,the desk clerk (Chelsea) was unbelievably welcoming at check-in. It took her all of about a minute to hand me our keys and tell us where our room was, then she smiled the most welcoming smile and said "we have a manager's reception starting at 5:30 and would love for you to join us". It was the most sincere invitation I have heard in longest time. We got cleaned up and went down for a quick snack before we headed out shopping.Clark and Matt were hosting the reception, it was unbelievable, I wish I had my camera so I could post a picture of these two smiling, greeting and serving guests. We had just missed Kate who we heard was also exceptional. We decided to sit on the patio, thats when I was able to chat with Clark and ask him who the employees were that were on duty. These people were hosting guests as if they were friends visiting their home, had we not had shopping to do we would have stayed longer! In the morning at breakfast the attendant was also very welcoming as was a gentleman that was outside taking care of the lot. This entire team treated us like we were old friends, it was just fantastic. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable, its a great location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Round Hill, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My daughter booked some rooms for her wedding months in advance. Inadvertently marked for Friday and Saturday but only needed them for Saturday. Her mistake. The rooms were cancelled since no one came Friday. I called on Saturday and was lucky enough to get 4 more rooms for wedding party. At that time I verified the shuttle pick up for the entire wedding party after the reception for 11:00 pm sharp to take them back to hotel. No shuttle arrived. Called hotel, no answer. Finally got thru, she said sorry, no shuttle available. I pleaded, and she said she would call back. We were now on the clock for overtime charges from the venue. Family members were panicked, calling, kept getting hung up on. We found a driver around midnight to come get them. Regional mgr calls me back at 12:06 am. She got me a bus..told her to forget it. Wedding party eventually got back to the hotel after 1:30 am. Groom left his cell phone charger in the room. He went back and the girl at the counter said sorry, oh well, not there and too bad for you. Spoke to another wedding party from the hotel that said their shuttle didn't show up either. hmm

Room Tip: Don't order a shuttle and don't leave anything behind.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MOB922
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We are sorry to hear about the distress that you and your guests endured this past weekend. We are glad that your guests did return from the wedding reception safely, and we apologize for any miscommunication. With that being said congratulations on your daughter’s marriage!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I guess I am a hotel snob. I travel alot. I either stay at Hilton's or Kimpton's depending on location of bars and restaurants and sometimes it comes down to price. I drove in from the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria to the Hilton Suites in Leesburg. I think next time I will stay at the more modern hotel on the same property - called Hilton Homewood Suites. The Hampton Inn Suites has an outdated bathroom from the 1980s as well as the Amana thermostate that has not yet been digitized. The air conditioner is a bit noisy and actually I think the bed is kind of hard too. I think I would have stayed 2 nights if the hotel was in better shape but I am checking out tomorrow. The people are nice and the hotel is clean. It has a nice LG Flat Screen and a large updated common area that will probably host breakfast in the am. It's a little below average for my taste but it might be fine for others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We always appreciate consumer feedback, so thank you for taking to post a review. We do take our guests' compliments and criticisms seriously. While the Homewood Suites, located directly in front of us is a stellar hotel (the newest in Leesburg), we are in the process of remodeling. Should you return to Leesburg in 2013, I encourage you to stop by the hotel. Among other refurbishments, our new "Perfect Mix" will be installed; and provide us with a fresh and more modern appeal. By the way, we appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton branded hotels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!