“Awful. Rooms unclean, unsanitary (reeked of cigarette smoke). Unprofessional staff.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg

Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I was checked into a room that was unclean, smelled foul(including reeking of cigarette smoke even though it was a nonsmoking room). After complaining to the staff, the unprofessional front desk clerk refused to provide any assistance, became defensive, and blamed the customer. Thereafter the room was never cleaned during the two night stay. No alternative accommodations were provided even though promised. The entire hotel is below par and inconsistent with the image I am sure Hilton wants to present with this brand. I will never stay at this hotel again and will be reluctant to stay at another Hilton hotel unless I receive assurance that my experience is atypical and appropriate steps are taken to address this truly awful experience. I am traveling with a four year old, which made the whole experience especially harrowing. Do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2012
Matt U, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

First thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. But I do appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. Second, I would like to apologize for the condition of the room. I understand the freshness of the room and the manner in which this situation was addressed were of concern. Finally, I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will be sure that both of these issues are resolved with our housekeeping and front desk staff. Situations such as this are not typical of our hotel and we would love to show you our improvements should you return to the area again. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 1 night only this week because we were flying out of Dulles but planned to do a good bit of shopping at Leesburg Corner. We drove from Pgh, PA to VA and were a bit tired, we arrived about 5pm,the desk clerk (Chelsea) was unbelievably welcoming at check-in. It took her all of about a minute to hand me our keys and tell us where our room was, then she smiled the most welcoming smile and said "we have a manager's reception starting at 5:30 and would love for you to join us". It was the most sincere invitation I have heard in longest time. We got cleaned up and went down for a quick snack before we headed out shopping.Clark and Matt were hosting the reception, it was unbelievable, I wish I had my camera so I could post a picture of these two smiling, greeting and serving guests. We had just missed Kate who we heard was also exceptional. We decided to sit on the patio, thats when I was able to chat with Clark and ask him who the employees were that were on duty. These people were hosting guests as if they were friends visiting their home, had we not had shopping to do we would have stayed longer! In the morning at breakfast the attendant was also very welcoming as was a gentleman that was outside taking care of the lot. This entire team treated us like we were old friends, it was just fantastic. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable, its a great location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Round Hill, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My daughter booked some rooms for her wedding months in advance. Inadvertently marked for Friday and Saturday but only needed them for Saturday. Her mistake. The rooms were cancelled since no one came Friday. I called on Saturday and was lucky enough to get 4 more rooms for wedding party. At that time I verified the shuttle pick up for the entire wedding party after the reception for 11:00 pm sharp to take them back to hotel. No shuttle arrived. Called hotel, no answer. Finally got thru, she said sorry, no shuttle available. I pleaded, and she said she would call back. We were now on the clock for overtime charges from the venue. Family members were panicked, calling, kept getting hung up on. We found a driver around midnight to come get them. Regional mgr calls me back at 12:06 am. She got me a bus..told her to forget it. Wedding party eventually got back to the hotel after 1:30 am. Groom left his cell phone charger in the room. He went back and the girl at the counter said sorry, oh well, not there and too bad for you. Spoke to another wedding party from the hotel that said their shuttle didn't show up either. hmm

Room Tip: Don't order a shuttle and don't leave anything behind.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We are sorry to hear about the distress that you and your guests endured this past weekend. We are glad that your guests did return from the wedding reception safely, and we apologize for any miscommunication. With that being said congratulations on your daughter’s marriage!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I guess I am a hotel snob. I travel alot. I either stay at Hilton's or Kimpton's depending on location of bars and restaurants and sometimes it comes down to price. I drove in from the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria to the Hilton Suites in Leesburg. I think next time I will stay at the more modern hotel on the same property - called Hilton Homewood Suites. The Hampton Inn Suites has an outdated bathroom from the 1980s as well as the Amana thermostate that has not yet been digitized. The air conditioner is a bit noisy and actually I think the bed is kind of hard too. I think I would have stayed 2 nights if the hotel was in better shape but I am checking out tomorrow. The people are nice and the hotel is clean. It has a nice LG Flat Screen and a large updated common area that will probably host breakfast in the am. It's a little below average for my taste but it might be fine for others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We always appreciate consumer feedback, so thank you for taking to post a review. We do take our guests' compliments and criticisms seriously. While the Homewood Suites, located directly in front of us is a stellar hotel (the newest in Leesburg), we are in the process of remodeling. Should you return to Leesburg in 2013, I encourage you to stop by the hotel. Among other refurbishments, our new "Perfect Mix" will be installed; and provide us with a fresh and more modern appeal. By the way, we appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton branded hotels!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We spent four nights here over the Labor Day weekend. Very clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very satisfactory despite the large groups that sat at tables socializing for longer than was fair to everyone else. I'm sure this is not a normal occurrence!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for visiting our hotel and providing your positive feedback on our property. our fantastic housekeeping and maintenance departments keeps our property in great shape. In the coming months, we will remodel our lobby and provide more seating. Should you return, we hope to WOW you! Again, thank you for your kind remarks.
Vinton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a nice stay while visiting family in Leesburg. Hotel was clean and modern, nicely appointed and decorated. Found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and were anxious to help. Standard Hampton Inn amenities. Would definitely stay here again as it is in a great geographic spot for where we need to be.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We are always glad to hear that our guests had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Thank you for pointing out that our staff was friendly and "anxious to help". Leesburg is a vibrant and diverse place, and we always strive to help our guests get the most out of their experience here.
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a nice hotel with friendly staff. It is located near the highway, but I never heard any noise. The room and free breakfast were what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. They were doing some renovations, wallpaper that sort of thing. But I never have any Issues.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to post such kind words online. We really do appreciate your effort to do so. And yes, we do have such a great staff here. It's a joy to work with them.

Come back and see us some time!

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!