“I felt as if I was staying in a friends home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points on Weekends
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“I felt as if I was staying in a friends home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 1 night only this week because we were flying out of Dulles but planned to do a good bit of shopping at Leesburg Corner. We drove from Pgh, PA to VA and were a bit tired, we arrived about 5pm,the desk clerk (Chelsea) was unbelievably welcoming at check-in. It took her all of about a minute to hand me our keys and tell us where our room was, then she smiled the most welcoming smile and said "we have a manager's reception starting at 5:30 and would love for you to join us". It was the most sincere invitation I have heard in longest time. We got cleaned up and went down for a quick snack before we headed out shopping.Clark and Matt were hosting the reception, it was unbelievable, I wish I had my camera so I could post a picture of these two smiling, greeting and serving guests. We had just missed Kate who we heard was also exceptional. We decided to sit on the patio, thats when I was able to chat with Clark and ask him who the employees were that were on duty. These people were hosting guests as if they were friends visiting their home, had we not had shopping to do we would have stayed longer! In the morning at breakfast the attendant was also very welcoming as was a gentleman that was outside taking care of the lot. This entire team treated us like we were old friends, it was just fantastic. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable, its a great location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Round Hill, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My daughter booked some rooms for her wedding months in advance. Inadvertently marked for Friday and Saturday but only needed them for Saturday. Her mistake. The rooms were cancelled since no one came Friday. I called on Saturday and was lucky enough to get 4 more rooms for wedding party. At that time I verified the shuttle pick up for the entire wedding party after the reception for 11:00 pm sharp to take them back to hotel. No shuttle arrived. Called hotel, no answer. Finally got thru, she said sorry, no shuttle available. I pleaded, and she said she would call back. We were now on the clock for overtime charges from the venue. Family members were panicked, calling, kept getting hung up on. We found a driver around midnight to come get them. Regional mgr calls me back at 12:06 am. She got me a bus..told her to forget it. Wedding party eventually got back to the hotel after 1:30 am. Groom left his cell phone charger in the room. He went back and the girl at the counter said sorry, oh well, not there and too bad for you. Spoke to another wedding party from the hotel that said their shuttle didn't show up either. hmm

Room Tip: Don't order a shuttle and don't leave anything behind.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We are sorry to hear about the distress that you and your guests endured this past weekend. We are glad that your guests did return from the wedding reception safely, and we apologize for any miscommunication. With that being said congratulations on your daughter’s marriage!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I guess I am a hotel snob. I travel alot. I either stay at Hilton's or Kimpton's depending on location of bars and restaurants and sometimes it comes down to price. I drove in from the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria to the Hilton Suites in Leesburg. I think next time I will stay at the more modern hotel on the same property - called Hilton Homewood Suites. The Hampton Inn Suites has an outdated bathroom from the 1980s as well as the Amana thermostate that has not yet been digitized. The air conditioner is a bit noisy and actually I think the bed is kind of hard too. I think I would have stayed 2 nights if the hotel was in better shape but I am checking out tomorrow. The people are nice and the hotel is clean. It has a nice LG Flat Screen and a large updated common area that will probably host breakfast in the am. It's a little below average for my taste but it might be fine for others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We always appreciate consumer feedback, so thank you for taking to post a review. We do take our guests' compliments and criticisms seriously. While the Homewood Suites, located directly in front of us is a stellar hotel (the newest in Leesburg), we are in the process of remodeling. Should you return to Leesburg in 2013, I encourage you to stop by the hotel. Among other refurbishments, our new "Perfect Mix" will be installed; and provide us with a fresh and more modern appeal. By the way, we appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton branded hotels!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We spent four nights here over the Labor Day weekend. Very clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very satisfactory despite the large groups that sat at tables socializing for longer than was fair to everyone else. I'm sure this is not a normal occurrence!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for visiting our hotel and providing your positive feedback on our property. our fantastic housekeeping and maintenance departments keeps our property in great shape. In the coming months, we will remodel our lobby and provide more seating. Should you return, we hope to WOW you! Again, thank you for your kind remarks.
Vinton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a nice stay while visiting family in Leesburg. Hotel was clean and modern, nicely appointed and decorated. Found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and were anxious to help. Standard Hampton Inn amenities. Would definitely stay here again as it is in a great geographic spot for where we need to be.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We are always glad to hear that our guests had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Thank you for pointing out that our staff was friendly and "anxious to help". Leesburg is a vibrant and diverse place, and we always strive to help our guests get the most out of their experience here.
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a nice hotel with friendly staff. It is located near the highway, but I never heard any noise. The room and free breakfast were what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. They were doing some renovations, wallpaper that sort of thing. But I never have any Issues.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Clark H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to post such kind words online. We really do appreciate your effort to do so. And yes, we do have such a great staff here. It's a joy to work with them.

Come back and see us some time!
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Husband and I stayed here to do a 'wine weekend' of local wineries. We arrived on Friday and left on Sunday. We would certainly stay here again. It was clean and the desk personnel were very helpful (excluding one person). It was a great close place to visit lots of wineries within a 30 minute drive no matter which direction you go in.

Our main purpose for the weekend choice was to mee DH's sister for birthday dinner. Unfortunately, it was the weekend of the big storm and she was without power in McLean so we cancelled dinner. We ate at Tuscarroha Grill (fabulous!!) and the Blue Ridge Grill which was also good.

The hotel was sold out due to people moving in with no current and several weddings in the area. However, it didn't feel crowded and we seldome even rode in the elevator with anyone.

Breakfast buffet was predictable, but knowing that, we made out fine and had a plenty to tie us over until lunch.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!