“Good Hotel, Careful with Telephone Usage” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   117 Fort Evans Road NE, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Vicenza, Italy
“Good Hotel, Careful with Telephone Usage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Leesburg for three nights and had a good stay. It's nice to have an indoor pool when it's rainy outside and the staff can't be beat. After a long day, I decided to order in and was pleased to have the front desk call me when it arrived to confirm my order and if I wanted it delivered to my room. Very nice "security" check.

I was in a suite, a nice large room with a small kitchen, a couch and a large closet to get your things out of the way. The room is clean and bright, decently furnished and has good air conditioning. The bathroom had a couple quirks: the shower head is good and adjustable, but if you're under 5'6" changing the stream will be a real challenge and secondly, the toilet paper is hard to find, especially when half asleep. It's located on the wall behind the bathroom door. Not a big deal, just odd.

The little breakfast area is pleasant and there's something for everyone in the morning 7-10 am. It's not great, but there's precooked eggs, various cereals, sausage (salty), hash browns, juices, milk and coffee, and lots of breads.

It's a good location about 20 minutes west of Dulles, out of the rush areas and excellent access toward the western parts of Virginia and West Virginia.

I was surprised to be charged for what I thought were free local calls; I didn't read the small print on a small piece of paper in with my room keys. I should have and I believe the front desk staff should have clarified the situation upon check-in. Not all local calls are treated equally. Perhaps all American hotels are doing this now - even though I called a "local" number, it was a cell phone so I was charged for long distance interstate calls. My four 1 or 2 minute calls totalled $19.41 on my bill. Lesson learned, it's cheaper to send a text message or e-mail and have them call back. If your cell phone has roaming, call on that. Message to me: Don't make this mistake again.

But, despite my telephone disappointment, this is a good choice in the Leesburg area and I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn while there for a family wedding at a nearby venue. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. We were able to arrange shuttle service with them from the Dulles Airport for my son as well as a shuttle for some of our party to and from downtown Leesburg. We would have liked to have used the shuttle service again to the airport on Sunday but there service didn't begin until 10 am and that would have been too late for us.
The rooms were clean and well kept. The breakfast area was a good place to meet with family and friends. A computer and printer were available to check on emails and print off boarding passes.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
mark_meloy, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay and your experience with our staff. We have always taken great care to providing our guests with the friendly, professional customer service that they should expect when traveling. It truly is our pleasure to serve you, and I do hope that we will be able to serve you again in the near future.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Attended a wedding at the Bluemont Vineyards so we spent the night at the Hampton. Front desk staff was personable and efficient. Check-in was a breeze. Room was clean, although the furniture was a bit dated. Not the most 'elegant' Hampton Inn we've stayed in, but served its purpose quite well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed one night for a family party. Had no complaints about the hotel. Room size was huge and comfortable. Breakfast was typical for a chain hotel (love that they all have those waffle makers now)!

Close to the W&CO trail for those of you who like to run or bike and close to a couple of coffee shops and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We planned a first ever family reunion at Notaviva Vineyards in Purcellville, VA close to Leesburg. I was responsible for choosing accommodations for 62 people including children. We picked the Hampton based on the group rate offered, Trip Advisor reviews, and the tremendous support received from the Hampton sales coordinator and hotel staff. They really bent over backwards to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Of particular note was the size and coziness of the lounge/breakfast area that easily accommodated our party at the beginning of each day. The rooms were comfortable and the overall look of the hotel fresh and inviting. Location was excellent with easy access to restaurants and shopping. A fitness center and indoor pool coupled with proximity to a paved running trail provided ample workout opportunities. I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg for individuals or groups looking for a combination of affordability, convenience and outstanding service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed there for a wedding in the area. Receptionist was very nice, clean and quiet rooms, good breakfast in the morning.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Pulaski, Va.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night for business. The staff was friendly and professional. The room was very clean. The breakfast was good, and the takeout bag is helpful. The hotel is about a three minute drive from downtown Leesburg. The location is a bit odd and not very attractive. The workout area is small but nice. I can recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!