“Good Italian Beef” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Manassas, Virginia
“Good Italian Beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Hubby would talk about the Italian beefs he used to make at a place he worked at while in college in Rochester NY. Lo and behold we come across this place and they have them. He likes his wet with hot peppers. I've had the Italian sausage. That's good too. The dogs looked good too. Next time. Owner is super nice. So stop by and give them a try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ashburn, Virginia
“Exactly what a dog should be ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you're looking for a good hot dog, this place is the best in Loudoun County, hands down. No frills ... just a good, good hot dog. My wife and I ventured in on a whim and we were not disappointed.Just good dogs! I had the Polish dog with grilled onions and my wife had the chili dog.

They have outdoor seating which is a definite plus during good weather. In fact, half of the outdoor seating is under cover so you are still able to sit outdoors during rain.

I cannot stress enough that this is simply a good hot dog - you'll be disappointed if you're looking for a gourmet dog. But, that's never what my wife and I look for. We just want a good hot dog and we've finally found THE place for it in our community.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Close your eyes... Almost as good as being in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Chicago dogs done right! From the poppy seed rolls to the neon relish! Parking is a pain. The place is small. But worth it for the real thing!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Centreville, Virginia
“Like these better than the real Chicago dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Been here a few times with my husband and a variety of family members. Everyone we bring here loves it--the food is good and simple.

The location, like most of the restaurants in downtown Leesburg, is a bit tight. They do have a shared outdoor eating space with the restaurant next door which is great on nice days.

My hubby and I just took a trip to Chicago last week and I can say without a doubt that these dogs are as authentic to the real thing, but with even better ingredients--you can tell the staff cares about putting out a great product. Great little place for lunch on the weekends--we've had just about everything in the menu (Chicago dogs, cheese dogs, Italian beef) and all of it's good.

A great, inexpensive place to grab a dog and a beer (by the bottle) while you are out and about.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Better than running through the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My mother spent a few years living in Chicago after graduating from college and one of her favorite treats is an Italian Beef sandwich. Anytime we have gone back to the city to visit, we always pick one up and there was even an instance during a brief layover at O'Hare, that she had us running to a completely different terminal just to find this favored sandwich before making our connecting flight. So when she told me about Windy City Red Hots I was all ready to go. She had originally found the food truck near the nursery one day and then found out about the restaurant. She thought it was cool when she got to put her pin in the map by the door to mark her old neighborhood. The sandwich is just as good as I remember having in Chicago and she agrees. I'm not a huge fan of a Chicago style hot dog, but I have been told that they are done right as well. (now, if only they could expand to include Chicago style deep dish pizza, you wouldn't be able to keep me away!)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere