“Just like Chicago...what no White Sox!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 182 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Silver Spring MD
“Just like Chicago...what no White Sox!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had read about this place in the Washington Post and really wanted to visit but it's about 50 miles from our home in Maryland. We went to the outlet mall in Leesburg last Saturday and planned to have lunch at Windy City Red Hots to see if it measured up to the places my wife and I remembered in Chicago. I had a hot dog with everything on it and it was very good (came back for a second one). My wife had an Italian Sausage which she also said was very good (but a little small). We each had a Bells Amber Ale (love Bell's beers!). There are only 3 tables and a several stools at a counter facing the window. They also sell Vienna sport peppers and Vienna Chicago style relish (both of which are a must for a Chicago dog) and I bought a jar of each. The place has photos of Chicago plus Bear, Bulls, Cubs, and Blackhawk images....I told the owner I would send him a White Sox pennant (since they have actually won a World Championship recently) for his wall to make Windy City Red Hots complete!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Chicago in a Leesburg Style Bun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Not the best Chicago style dog I've ever had but when you are in Northern Virginia and have a cravings its not too bad. Colleagues had the Italian Beef and liked it too.
Not a lot of seating (maybe 12 total seats) so dont expect comfort if you get their at peak hours.

• Visited April 2012