“Good -- not great -- Mexican food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 175 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Yuma, Arizona
“Good -- not great -- Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I enjoyed the lightly battered chile relleno. The cheese enchilada was ok, but they used a mixture of cheeses which included cheddar. Cheddar cheese does NOT belong in authentic Mexican cuisine. I often experience this and am alway disappointed when I do. Certainly not bad tasting, just not traditional. The service was impersonal. They asked the obligatory questions only. That said, if you're craving Mexican food, out of the 3 that I've tried in Leesburg, it's the best.

Visited April 2013

“Quick Take Out when you are in a hurry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I stopped by for carry out around 1:30 pm on a Monday and was pleasantly surprised how fast they were. The restaurant was not busy at this time but I still received prompt friendly service when I entered the restaurant and at the takeout window They have a wide variety of menu options including breakfast. Today I ordered lunch enchilada special with an order of chips and queso. The food was freshly prepared and authentic Mexican but w/an American flare. I'm having a hard time finding a restaurant that tops my all time favorite mexican restaurant that closed a couple of years ago. I do stop by Anitas in Vienna, Herndon and Leesburg a couple times a year knowing the food is always fresh and prepared to order.

“Not a good Anitas”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have really enjoyed eating at most Anitas. The other ones have more of everything atmosphere, food quality, service etc....This one need an overhaul and new management.

Visited January 2013
“Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of several Anitas resturants in the Virginia area.
its a good and resonable place to eat.
they offer daily specials and they offer free
refils of drinks.
it a good clean place to eat and not break the bank

Visited December 2012
“Too many Anitas?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Been going to different anitas for years, and come to this one about once every 6 months lately. And that may be too often. I think i may be done now. Anitas of the 80s and 90s was something special. Now it seems most meals taste the same. Nothing great. And paying too much for average food. I kept going back over the past 4-5 years hoping it would be better. The best thing may be the strawberry margarita. Just went tonight with two of my kids, and i think this was it for me. I am just not gonna pay $40 for dinner for three that is average at best. Too bad. I miss the old days.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere