“Bar Area Still Empty During Happy Hour, New Drink & Food Menu” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bar Area Still Empty During Happy Hour, New Drink & Food Menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Visited Eggspectation during happy hour because previous experiences were good. I was the only one sitting at the bar and one couple in a booth. I am still perplexed why more people don't visit during happy hour. It's a great spot to eat and drink at a reasonable price and have a conversation. The GM and the bartender are very personable.

They now have more beer choices. There were no IPAs that I liked. They have also added some new mixed drinks. I am not a fruity drink person, so I didn't order a drink. New items have been added to the appetizer menu.

I ordered wings because I've had them before and they were good. This time they were not good. When I complained, the bartender told me that I know I should have ordered them grilled. Well, I didn't remember that and I told him he should have told me before I ordered them. I ate one and was done. They did not offer to take it off my bill. I didn't ask because I had 1 free appetizer coupon. I also ordered the crab cakes and they were actually pretty good.

Tuesday night is lobster night and it sounds like a good deal. I was told it's pretty busy then and they sale out of the lobster. I'll give it a try when I'm back in VA.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lansdowne, Virginia
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Egg speciation has good egg dishes, but go for the pancakes. The pancakes and French toast are with the visit.

Visited June 2014
Austin, Texas
“Disappointing breakfast, prices high for quality.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Will not return, one would expect breakfast fare to be their specialty. However, less than average food, especially for price. Had frittata which was overcooked and potatoes were poorly prepared.

Ashburn, Virginia
“Much Better Than Eggspected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have been driving by this restaurant ever since it opened and always wanted to try it out. We wish we had done it sooner. It was much better than we had expected. They had a good menu selection, the service was great and the food was excellent. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place to eat at anytime!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you like good food this is a place you should try. The have a good selection of entrees on the menu, not just eggs. If you love eggs, they have every possible egg dish you can imagine. Below are the dishes our family ordered.

Fruit Shakes - Tasted good with real fruit.

Lobster Omelette - Very good with lots of chunks of lobster meat. The sauce is very good as well

Chocolate Chip Pancakes - Freshly made with lots of chocolate chips.

Southwest Omelette - Three types of cheeses and peppers. Sour creme, avocado, salsa on top. Great tasting especially if you like peppers.

Macaroni - Creamy with fresh penne pasta.

All American Breakfast - Sausage, potatoes, eggs, toast. Typical great tasting breakfast meal.

Overall the food was good and the service was quick. A little pricey for breakfast food but can go wrong eating here.