“Save your money” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 15
Description: The art of cooking with wood enhances the Ironwood Tavern"s experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. Executive Chef Luis incorporates the seasonal offerings such as beef, pork, poultry, seafood and fresh produce from small local farms and purveyors for our cuisine. Craft beer is our focus and our passion. All of our 24 craft beers on draft reflect a personal vision. Our craft beer list is different, intriguing, and constantly evolving, like the world of craft beer itself. A menu that features styles from all over the world, but is predominantly American and local in focus. Our craft beer experts works with chef Luis to develop the menus, and that the pair sometimes start with the beer and work backwards to the food from there.
Columbus, Ohio
“Save your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Why bother? You can go to Lone Star, TGIFriday or anywhere and still get same stolen atmosphere with better tasting food and better pricing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Leesburg, Virginia
“Wood Grilled Food + Chilled Craft Drafts =”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

An Exceptionally Tasty Meal!! Makes my mouth water thinking about their delicious, hickory wood grilled offerings, sauced nicely, and served with an impressive array of local & regional craft draft beers.

We've had several of their menu offerings and nightly specials, the usual burgers & steaks, but my two complete favorites are:
Their Wood Grilled flatiron steak, sauced light & tasty, and served with grilled asparagus and garlic mashed. Very impressive for fourteen-bucks!
My other fave is their wood-grilled vegetable sandwich!! Marinated portobello and squashes, wood grilled, then served with caramelized onions and herbed goat cheese on toasted ciabatta bread. The wood flavor infused in their vegetables is fantastic!!

We always eat inside, and the bar is usually busy enough. Decor is average. Booth seating is very comfortable, and they face large screens that way so you can catch the match if you want. Their craft draft scene rotates, so there's always a pleasant new offering. Their beer menu is GREAT - offering tasting notes for each brew - always a good thing for folks who are new to the Craft scene!

They've recently added "outdoor seating", but seriously I can't imagine sitting there unless I was accommodating a pet or smoker. I would LOVE for them to have a superior outdoor dining location, but given their location, without a lot of expense chunking up asphalt and doing a lot of hardscape and planting, I can't see that in the future. But I will continue to hope!!

Occasionally the service is spotty, but then occasionally the service is terrific. We always are able to get what we want - the food is WORTH IT. Check their website or FB page for specials.
We live locally, but the restaurant is right on the main road, so it's an easy in & out if you're travelling. Enjoy!!!

• Visited August 2013
virginia
“Carry out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a update, I have reviewed before but had to share my experience,
Had a coupon for $25 , wife and I are old, eat much earlier, main meal 1-2 pm, while apparently the business has changed owners, the cooks have not. I waited till 3:30 opening Monday thru Thursday, ordered the filet, double grilled asparagus in lieu of mashed potatoes, were on a low carb diet, side of greens beans. Bill was almost $28, owner got bill, reduced total bill to $25 , paid nothing out of pocket , if that wasn't great enough, I brought food home to wife who again told me the wood fire grilled asparagus was to die for, asked for filet to be medium, cooked perfect and so tender a baby could eat it. Once again, this place shines. I real value. Folks in leesburg don't know a good thing if they don't try this place.

• Visited July 2013
brightwood, va
“Very enjoyable meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were passing through Leesburg looking for a convenient, yet good, place to eat. At 6:30 on a Monday night, the Ironwood parking lot was empty. I went in to check it out and decided we would give it a try. Boy am I glad we did. We both had burgers and they were the best burgers we've had in a restaurant in a long time. They also were huge! The beer was ice cold and served with a frosted glass. Perfect for this hot day. Our waitress was pleasant and helpful and showed us just the right amount of attention. Many reviewers have commented on the quietness as if it is a bad thing. It was nice to be able of carry on a conversation. We will eat at Ironwood again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg, Virginia
“really good!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We met some friends here on a Friday night when we didn't have reservations anywhere. The parking lot was empty and we worried that the food might not be great but we were there for the company really and not the food. Wow was this a nice surprise! The food and service were great! I really hope more people discover this because I hate to see it go. We will definitely be back!
I agree that you can't judge the book by its cover!

• Visited May 2013