“Carry out” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 15
Description: The art of cooking with wood enhances the Ironwood Tavern"s experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. Executive Chef Luis incorporates the seasonal offerings such as beef, pork, poultry, seafood and fresh produce from small local farms and purveyors for our cuisine. Craft beer is our focus and our passion. All of our 24 craft beers on draft reflect a personal vision. Our craft beer list is different, intriguing, and constantly evolving, like the world of craft beer itself. A menu that features styles from all over the world, but is predominantly American and local in focus. Our craft beer experts works with chef Luis to develop the menus, and that the pair sometimes start with the beer and work backwards to the food from there.
virginia
“Carry out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a update, I have reviewed before but had to share my experience,
Had a coupon for $25 , wife and I are old, eat much earlier, main meal 1-2 pm, while apparently the business has changed owners, the cooks have not. I waited till 3:30 opening Monday thru Thursday, ordered the filet, double grilled asparagus in lieu of mashed potatoes, were on a low carb diet, side of greens beans. Bill was almost $28, owner got bill, reduced total bill to $25 , paid nothing out of pocket , if that wasn't great enough, I brought food home to wife who again told me the wood fire grilled asparagus was to die for, asked for filet to be medium, cooked perfect and so tender a baby could eat it. Once again, this place shines. I real value. Folks in leesburg don't know a good thing if they don't try this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

brightwood, va
“Very enjoyable meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were passing through Leesburg looking for a convenient, yet good, place to eat. At 6:30 on a Monday night, the Ironwood parking lot was empty. I went in to check it out and decided we would give it a try. Boy am I glad we did. We both had burgers and they were the best burgers we've had in a restaurant in a long time. They also were huge! The beer was ice cold and served with a frosted glass. Perfect for this hot day. Our waitress was pleasant and helpful and showed us just the right amount of attention. Many reviewers have commented on the quietness as if it is a bad thing. It was nice to be able of carry on a conversation. We will eat at Ironwood again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg, Virginia
“really good!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We met some friends here on a Friday night when we didn't have reservations anywhere. The parking lot was empty and we worried that the food might not be great but we were there for the company really and not the food. Wow was this a nice surprise! The food and service were great! I really hope more people discover this because I hate to see it go. We will definitely be back!
I agree that you can't judge the book by its cover!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brookhaven
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were hesitant to go in because there were no cars in the parking lot at 6 pm. The food was really good. The roasted red pepper soup with crab was outstanding. They were out of Stella, strange. But other than that good

Visited June 2013
“Nice surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We went into this place not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. We went during Sunday brunch and it was not very crowded. We had excellent service and the food was great. My wife had the eggs benedict and I had the pulled pork sandwich. I had a bite of her eggs and they were great. My pork was great, in fact it was the best I had on my trip and some of the best I've ever had. It was a great way to end our trip, looking forward to going back.

• Visited June 2013