“Don't judge a book by it's cover” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 15
Description: The art of cooking with wood enhances the Ironwood Tavern"s experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. Executive Chef Luis incorporates the seasonal offerings such as beef, pork, poultry, seafood and fresh produce from small local farms and purveyors for our cuisine. Craft beer is our focus and our passion. All of our 24 craft beers on draft reflect a personal vision. Our craft beer list is different, intriguing, and constantly evolving, like the world of craft beer itself. A menu that features styles from all over the world, but is predominantly American and local in focus. Our craft beer experts works with chef Luis to develop the menus, and that the pair sometimes start with the beer and work backwards to the food from there.
Brookhaven
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were hesitant to go in because there were no cars in the parking lot at 6 pm. The food was really good. The roasted red pepper soup with crab was outstanding. They were out of Stella, strange. But other than that good

Visited June 2013

“Nice surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We went into this place not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. We went during Sunday brunch and it was not very crowded. We had excellent service and the food was great. My wife had the eggs benedict and I had the pulled pork sandwich. I had a bite of her eggs and they were great. My pork was great, in fact it was the best I had on my trip and some of the best I've ever had. It was a great way to end our trip, looking forward to going back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jekyll Island, Georgia
“Went back for the Maple Salmon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went with business associates and had the maple salmon. Outstanding food, service and ambiance. Next trip we will try and return. The servers were prompt, the meals my friends have tried were all reported good. The place was quite to a conversation level, not like a sports bar where you can't hear your friend's conversation.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent meal for a decent price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

A group of three of us came here one night not long after they opened. It was pretty empty and the service was very good, but again, empty. We all got something different and all liked our dinners. I was surprised to hear others say it was overpriced; I think the prices are very reasonable for Loudoun County. We paid under $75 for dinner and drinks for three. I wasn't blown away by it, but it was good. We'll come back with others at some point, but aren't in a rush to get back here. I can see this being a good atmosphere for happy hour, but it is kind of dark inside for a summertime hangout.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Prime Ribs !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were there last weekend for dinner from Leesburg shopping mall. It is very close to shopping mall. We ordered prime rib dinner specials and really enjoyed the dish.
Service is very attentive. They also have large selection of craft beers. We will try next time if we get opportunity.

• Visited April 2013